Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sir C, you about? 50 yr old MiG 21 vs an F-16......

Sir C, you about? 50 yr old MiG 21 vs an F-16......

I guess my lad shot down over IOK didn't stand a chance?

How would those new french fighters - Raphaels? - match up against an F-16?

We're meant to be buying 36 from the Frogs and were then meant to nake another 100 over here in Indian factories. But since Modi's BJP fascists took over from my boys (Congress-led progressive alliance called UPA), it's been dogged by corruption and I think we're just getting the 36.

But who would win in a Raphael vs F-16 ruck?

Basically, can we have another crack at the 'Stani terrorists when we get the new tools?

Wiki says we'll have: The weaponry procured included missiles such as MICA and Meteor beyond-visual-range air-to-air missiles and SCALP air-to-ground cruise missile. The India-specific enhancements included, among the dozen or so enhancements, the integration of an Israeli-made helmet-mounted display (HMD), radar warning receivers and low-band jammers.

I read about that dodgy Raphael deal last september.

Detailed account: https://caravanmagazine.in/business/...reliance-group

Exec Summary from MoA blog:
    "In short: The previous government signed a contract with France' Dassault to buy 126 Rafale jets for $10.6 billion. Thirty percent of the price would flow back from Dassault to the Indian state owned aviation manufacturer HAL, which would assemble most of the planes. Modi flew to Paris and changed the deal without the knowledge of his cabinet and the country's military. India will get only 36 Rafales but pay $8.7 billion for them. Thirty percent of the money would flow back to a private Indian company belonging to the largely bankrupt, privately held Reliance Group for unrelated projects and without any know-how transfer. How much Reliance, owned by the once very rich Ambani family, would hand over to Modi and his party is yet unknown. There are calls for Modi to step down which he is unlikely to do. The issue will escalate."

Meanwhile, maybe your fascist should actually talk to Imran Khan rather than attacking Pakistan and guarranteeing a retaliation.

Khan sounds like the grown-up in the room to me.

"I once again invite you: we are ready. We understand the grief India has suffered in Pulwama and are ready for any sort of dialogue on terrorism. I reiterate that better sense should prevail.

"Let's sit together and settle this with talks"

I doubt Khan's Government were behind the terrorists, even though the ISI is always up to no good, often in collusion with the CIA. According to retired General Mirza Aslam Baig (a former Pakistan army Chief) "the U.S. supports the Jundullah terrorist group and uses it to destabilize Iran."

How they'd love to damage China's OBOR, and how better than a war like this. Just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I read about that dodgy Raphael deal last september.

Detailed account: https://caravanmagazine.in/business/...reliance-group

Exec Summary from MoA blog:
    "In short: The previous government signed a contract with France' Dassault to buy 126 Rafale jets for $10.6 billion. Thirty percent of the price would flow back from Dassault to the Indian state owned aviation manufacturer HAL, which would assemble most of the planes. Modi flew to Paris and changed the deal without the knowledge of his cabinet and the country's military. India will get only 36 Rafales but pay $8.7 billion for them. Thirty percent of the money would flow back to a private Indian company belonging to the largely bankrupt, privately held Reliance Group for unrelated projects and without any know-how transfer. How much Reliance, owned by the once very rich Ambani family, would hand over to Modi and his party is yet unknown. There are calls for Modi to step down which he is unlikely to do. The issue will escalate."

Meanwhile, maybe your fascist should actually talk to Imran Khan rather than attacking Pakistan and guarranteeing a retaliation.

Khan sounds like the grown-up in the room to me.

"I once again invite you: we are ready. We understand the grief India has suffered in Pulwama and are ready for any sort of dialogue on terrorism. I reiterate that better sense should prevail.

"Let's sit together and settle this with talks"

I doubt Khan's Government were behind the terrorists, even though the ISI is always up to no good, often in collusion with the CIA. According to retired General Mirza Aslam Baig (a former Pakistan army Chief) "the U.S. supports the Jundullah terrorist group and uses it to destabilize Iran."

How they'd love to damage China's OBOR, and how better than a war like this. Just speculating.
    Thank you. Excellent analysis. But what's OBOR?

Regarding the conflict. In all seriousness, yes, I hate that fascist with a passion. There's currently a schism in the Hindu soul and his Hindutva scum are on the wrong side of it. He ordered the first attack and went straight to an election rally. (All the Indian media barring NDTV are in his pocket, so his speech gets broadcast everywhere. [ps. just discovered the small-scale but more intellectual scroll.in - recommended.])

But he didn't bet on Khan hitting back. Look, I've total respect for Khan sending the pilot back as a peace gesture. And I'll always love a man who in his last decade of test cricket averaged 50 with the bat and 19 with the ball.

But ISI backed terrorists tried to kill me and my mates in Delhi in 2005 so this is personal for me.

They can't be allowed to keep blowing up 40 people at a time.

This is a British fück up. JK was never in British India. At partition, we didn't ask the people which one they wanted to join. We asked the Hindu maharaja, and the Muslim leader of the largest Muslim party. However, that guy was bright and realised Pak would become a basket case. So both chose Ind.

Pak thus invaded, forcing Ind to do likewise.

I have no idea why Muslims in Indian Kashmir would want to live under Pak dictatorship rather than a fairly democratic and economically growing India. But hey-ho.

Re: The fighter deal. I didn't know Reliance is largely bankrupt. It's massive. He spent $1bn on his house, ffs.

But yeah, the INC-led govt put it out to tender and wanted technology transfer. This deal just creates a joint company with Reliance Defence and they get the contracts, which Ambhani then gives a cut of to Modi et al.

A ridicules question ganp. it all depends on the fellow flying the thing. I suspect

that Sir C in his little Chipmunk would prevail over one of your lot even with an F-16 at his disposal.

C would simply glower at the little Indian fellow with his effortless superiority and your man would be reduced to a bashful head wobbling supplicant incapable of speech, much less aerial combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    that Sir C in his little Chipmunk would prevail over one of your lot even with an F-16 at his disposal.

C would simply glower at the little Indian fellow with his effortless superiority and your man would be reduced to a bashful head wobbling supplicant incapable of speech, much less aerial combat.
    Yes, yes, I know.

But Johnny Indian not up against an English gentleman, is he? He's only having a crack at Johnny Terrorist-Supporting-Bhenchod.

And don't think just because he's got a tripled barrelled surname that makes him a gent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But what's OBOR?
    One Belt One Road. aka Belt and Road Initiative, aka New Silk Road. It's a Chinese trade and co-operation infrastructure.

One Belt One Road. aka Belt and Road Initiative, aka New Silk Road. It's a Chinese trade and co-operation infrastructure.
    Gotcha. Forgot that that was the real title.

Though I doubt the Septics want WW3 just to piss off the Chinks.

Belt and and Road is more liklely to be damaged by the fact that 91% of revenues from Gwadar go straight back to China, with 9% going to the federal government and nothing for Balochistan itself. That's creating huge discontent with the project in Pakistan itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Belt and and Road is more liklely to be damaged by the fact that 91% of revenues from Gwadar go straight back to China, with 9% going to the federal government and nothing for Balochistan itself. That's creating huge discontent with the project in Pakistan itself.
    I'd rather it was damaged by having a ****ing great Indian nuke go off in the middle of it.

But I do have a soft spot for the Baluchis. The 129th saved us at Ypres in 1914. Read what Sepoy Khudadad Khan did to win his VC.

So maybe we shouldn't nuke them. Or Lahore, as I don't want any fallout in the Indian Punjab.

Karachi it is, then. And if any fallout crosses into Gujarat and wipes out Modi's fanbase, all the better.