Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I thought our performance both utilitarian and artless. All I saw

I thought our performance both utilitarian and artless. All I saw

was a vulgar obsession to score goals and win. I saw no desire to enhance the beauty of the game.

As I left the ground a group of disgusting working class types were singing "We got our Arsenal back" and I openly wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    was a vulgar obsession to score goals and win. I saw no desire to enhance the beauty of the game.

As I left the ground a group of disgusting working class types were singing "We got our Arsenal back" and I openly wept.
    Very good H. Very Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

Yes, top #bantz, Herbs. Now, speaking of beautification, what name will be given to Mesut's kicking-it-into-the-ground-and-over-the-goalie technique? I think somone at the DT called it the 'Ozil Chop'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, top #bantz, Herbs. Now, speaking of beautification, what name will be given to Mesut's kicking-it-into-the-ground-and-over-the-goalie technique? I think somone at the DT called it the 'Ozil Chop'.
    I remember seeing him do that for Madrid but it was just a pass then so it can't be blocked by the defenders foot.

Outrageous to do that last night considering all what's gone on imo But he did it and it worked so
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I remember seeing him do that for Madrid but it was just a pass then so it can't be blocked by the defenders foot.

Outrageous to do that last night considering all what's gone on imo But he did it and it worked so
    Funny thing was that I and the people around me 'saw' the goalie tip it over the bar. Then it was in the net. He did something sneaky with the space-time continuum imo. Like Dennis used to do.

I'll be calling it jammy bug-eyed shinning ****ery a.

. . . . . .

Funny thing was that I and the people around me 'saw' the goalie tip it over the bar. Then it was in the net. He did something sneaky with the space-time continuum imo. Like Dennis used to do.
    See? That's what top no.10s do. Which is why you should play them if you've got them. I once saw HHDL stop the monsoon just by staring at the sky for a bit. Reckon he could play behind Auba and Laca?