Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: For those of us on the progressive left of the abortion argument, the strongest case

For those of us on the progressive left of the abortion argument, the strongest case

against us has been the 'slippery slope' claim made by those who fear that “women should be allowed to have abortions into the third trimester” would eventually become “women should be allowed to have abortions up to the day they give birth”.

In the US it has now been enshrined in law that women can allow their new-born babies to be murdered.

Not sure I’m quite so down with that :-o
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-27-2019 at 09:43 AM.

There was a law in Roman times where the Father had the right to kill his kid up until he was 5 years old. Would have taken all the fun out of it for Ian Huntley and his ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    against us has been the 'slippery slope' claim made by those who fear that “women should be allowed to have abortions into the third trimester” would eventually become “women should be allowed to have abortions up to the day they give birth”.

In the US it has now been enshrined in law that women can allow their new-born babies to be murdered.

Once you start equivocating about what constitutes ‘life’ in order to justify its deliberate termination, all moral bets are off.
    By the way, viable children have been being aborted, born alive and finished off with poultry shears for years. But you were fine with that, right?

"For those of us on the progressive left of the abortion argument"

Jesus fúcking christ.

A new low.

First of all this "up to a day before birth" thing is a distortion. Second, I very much doubt that you are one of those "on the left" you Catholic, Irish conservative, potato-eating, Mick dumbsh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    ... you Catholic, Irish conservative, potato-eating, Mick dumbsh!t.
    A bit harsh on m tbf, ega
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    First of all this "up to a day before birth" thing is a distortion. Second, I very much doubt that you are one of those "on the left" you Catholic, Irish conservative, potato-eating, Mick dumbsh!t.
    Thick American in serious self ****ing here.

Yet more mea culpa?

Seriously, it's like you people all still live in trees; no idea about human relationships, no idea about human behaviour. No idea about human beings generally!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Still got half of last night’s Joe Rogan podcast with Alex Jones to go.

He mentioned the above....apparently the senator that pushed for it is the one whose facing the black face charges and Alex showed a clip where the senator says in an interview that in some cases the babies are being kept alive. He then speculates that this is done temporarily for organ harvesting to take place and that’s why the senator is suddenly in a black face controversy.

Classic Alex...

Mind you he also talks about when he was 13 and banged this smoking hot 16 year old who only banged him after he ageeed to her demands ie for her to put make up on him and then choke him unconscious