Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have just received an email from someone whose job title is 'Outreach Warrior'.

I have just received an email from someone whose job title is 'Outreach Warrior'.

I am seriously considering responding to them encouraging them to commit suicide in order to preserve themselves from any further indignity.

The 21st Century really is proving the most appalling disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I am seriously considering responding to them encouraging them to commit suicide in order to preserve themselves from any further indignity.

Mainly in the sense that we've all become exactly the same kind of whinging old ****ers as our parents. Just with wider reach.

I was having a blood test this morning and it struck me how medieval medicine still is. Needles and knives, hammers and drills, great bags full of blood andtubes being thrust up the winkle. Consider how in Star Trek, Bones had a scanner that went 'wooowoowoo' and told him what the problem was, which problem was then fixed by waving another woowooing device over it. That's what we were led to expect from the 21st century, not useless antibiotics and recycled cardboard vomit bowls.
    Last edited by Sir C; 02-25-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Good luck Charlie
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Good luck Charlie
    ty s. I'm quite looking forward to a couple of weeks of bed rest to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was having a blood test this morning and it struck me how medieval medicine still is. Needles and knives, hammers and drills, great bags full of blood andtubes being thrust up the winkle. Consider how in Star Trek, Bones had a scanner that went 'wooowoowoo' and told him what the problem was, which problem was then fixed by waving another woowooing device over it. That's what we were led to expect from the 21st century, not useless antibiotics and recycled cardboard vomit bowls.
    Yes. The trouble is we're still a big bag of blood and goo and wobbly bits at the end of the day. Dealing with that is always going to seem a bit medieval.

What is the situation, then? Was this a cancer test?

Yes. The trouble is we're still a big bag of blood and goo and wobbly bits at the end of the day. Dealing with that is always going to seem a bit medieval.

What is the situation, then? Was this a cancer test?
    No, just a pre-op check. Tomorrow they bore new holes up my hooter and I guess they'll peer at the lumps they remove through a microscope and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, just a pre-op check. Tomorrow they bore new holes up my hooter and I guess they'll peer at the lumps they remove through a microscope and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax.
    Hmmm. And how are you feeling about all this?

Sir C "...and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax."

Every cloud an' a' that
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Hmmm. And how are you feeling about all this?
    I'm hoping that 1/ I'm not facing a few days of dreadful pain and 2/ my growths prove to be benign. I'm not really feeling very much at present. A trifle trepidatious, I suppose? As the wise man once said, que sera, sera.