Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 4 at end of feb

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You've got to give it to Unai. Regardless of Wenger's diminished standing, following in his footsteps must have been a daunting task. You might think he'd tread carefully and avoid doing anything that polarises the fans. So what does he do? He inherits a team with only one real marquee name and he c*nts him out the team with no hesitation.

You have to respect that.
    Quite

And Wenger's comments in the media about Ozil being in a comfort zone and having issues with his immune system suggest that Emery got this one right.

My only complaint at this point would be his plan for midfield. If he has one, it isn't apparent to me. He seems to have a collection of good players without any real plan as to how he wants them to play. But this one may fall into your 'supporters are pig ignorant and relative to professional football managers understand virtually nothing' category. I love Torreira and Gwenda and Xhaka looks a better player this year, however I'm still not sure I understand how he wants them to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I wouldn't call Sokratis that - or Lichsteiner, though you'd probably be able to run away from him
    Nor Kolasinac. Though the Saurez fellow looks like he wears two pairs of gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nor Kolasinac. Though the Saurez fellow looks like he wears two pairs of gloves.
    As if he actually exists

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Quite

And Wenger's comments in the media about Ozil being in a comfort zone and having issues with his immune system suggest that Emery got this one right.

My only complaint at this point would be his plan for midfield. If he has one, it isn't apparent to me. He seems to have a collection of good players without any real plan as to how he wants them to play. But this one may fall into your 'supporters are pig ignorant and relative to professional football managers understand virtually nothing' category. I love Torreira and Gwenda and Xhaka looks a better player this year, however I'm still not sure I understand how he wants them to play together.
    Yesterday was one of the games where it looked (to my cretinous eyes at least) like we had a midfield. When he goes cautiously (probably because our defenders are pish) and plays the three plus two at the back we're sometimes a leetle bit short in the abilty to progress the play in the middle of the park, and rely too much on the wing backs. Which is obviously less easy without Hector. The Bosnian tank is looking quite good though. Even did some defending yesterday.

No, because my position then and my position now are entirely compatible.

I’m more than happy to discuss whether this is in fact true, if you wish.
    I dunno m .. I couldn't rwally remember if you were a full on AKB or not .. I was just cheering up my Monday morning with a bit jew baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I dunno m .. I couldn't rwally remember if you were a full on AKB or not .. I was just cheering up my Monday morning with a bit jew baiting.
    Morning Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yesterday was one of the games where it looked (to my cretinous eyes at least) like we had a midfield. When he goes cautiously (probably because our defenders are pish) and plays the three plus two at the back we're sometimes a leetle bit short in the abilty to progress the play in the middle of the park, and rely too much on the wing backs. Which is obviously less easy without Hector. The Bosnian tank is looking quite good though. Even did some defending yesterday.
    I think Torreira and Xhaka are the best combo,
    Guendouzi is rather good but we should stick with those 2 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Morning Jeremy.
    Come now c. There's a world of difference between a little harmless sidelock tugging and Corbyn's rabid anti-semitism. Apparently there's now footage of him at a NLD singing "It stinks of gas in here".

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    But this one may fall into your 'supporters are pig ignorant and relative to professional football managers understand virtually nothing' category.
    Or possibly the vacuous utterances of a moose bothering, syrup schlurping Canadian hog-wit category?

No, it's t'other way about; it would have been a daunting prospect had Wenger been carried off shoulder-high in triumph parading the Henkelpott, say, rather than carried off shoulder-high practically burning in effigy.

If you have to go in somewhere and do a job, it's much better if there's actually a job there to be done. In fact, Wenger's own task in taking over the club, way back when, and winning the players and supporters over was a far more formidable challenge.

You've got to give it to Unai. Regardless of Wenger's diminished standing, following in his footsteps must have been a daunting task. You might think he'd tread carefully and avoid doing anything that polarises the fans. So what does he do? He inherits a team with only one real marquee name and he c*nts him out the team with no hesitation.

You have to respect that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."