Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 4 at end of feb

Top 4 at end of feb

Ahead of Man Utd and Chelsea with only two more “big” fixtures to play

Notable improvement in big game results and performances.

Notable improvement in individual (Lacazette, Iwobi and bellerin in particular) and collective performances

Early substituons, as demanded by the anti-Wenger crowd

Regular in-game tactical changes, as demanded by the anti-Wenger crowd.

Not pandering to our star player/s, as many claimed Wenger too often did.

All this with just one transfer window to play with, the sh*tshow of ramsey’s contact over which he had no control, and having to cope with the legacy of a decade of decline (as claimed by the Wenger-out crowd).

Yep. I’m happy with that.
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-25-2019 at 09:25 AM.

And no mea culpas or even a hint of contrition for making the rest of us endure your

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Notable improvement in individual (Lacazette, Iwobi and bellerin in particular) and collective performances

All this with just one transfer window to play with, the sh*tshow of ramsey’s contact over which he had no control, and having to cope with the legacy of a decade of decline (as claimed by the Wenger-out crowd).

meaningless AKB braying over the last decade?

No, because my position then and my position now are entirely compatible.

I’m more than happy to discuss whether this is in fact true, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    meaningless AKB braying over the last decade?

Quite a jolly weekend, really. Tottenham lost, Liverpool dropped points (dangling the delicious prospect of them not winning the league), there was much hilarity with Chelsea's shenanigans and we ground out a tedious and uninspiring victory. Also, I believe this unseasonal weather will suit us, since our players are all glove-wearing homo types.

However, things will look very different next week after the foul hebrews have rammed their collective scabby, circumcised cock up our collective fundament until we haemorrhage internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Quite a jolly weekend, really. Tottenham lost, Liverpool dropped points (dangling the delicious prospect of them not winning the league), there was much hilarity with Chelsea's shenanigans and we ground out a tedious and uninspiring victory. Also, I believe this unseasonal weather will suit us, since our players are all glove-wearing homo types.

However, things will look very different next week after the foul hebrews have rammed their collective scabby, circumcised cock up our collective fundament until we haemorrhage internally.
    Not forgetting the hilarious man u injuries yesterday. We might scrape a draw with them.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

I still have hopes that Unai will get the best out of Mesut but ultimately it is down to Ozil himself to decide he's going to play the way the manager wants him to.

If I was to list what I was happiest about at this point it would be that we seem to play with more intensity for longer than we used to. Even in the Liverpool loss we were pushing forward until the end of the match, the heads never seem to go down which I thought was a characteristic of the later Wenger teams. It wasn't just that we got pasted from time to time, it was that when we went behind early on it looked like we gave up and just accepted it.

No sign of that under Unai imo.

Well they seem to have done that for the last few years anyway.... or, Chelsea beat Spurs mid week, we beat Spurs on Saturday and end up 1 point behind them
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I wouldn't call Sokratis that - or Lichsteiner, though you'd probably be able to run away from him

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I still have hopes that Unai will get the best out of Mesut but ultimately it is down to Ozil himself to decide he's going to play the way the manager wants him to.

If I was to list what I was happiest about at this point it would be that we seem to play with more intensity for longer than we used to. Even in the Liverpool loss we were pushing forward until the end of the match, the heads never seem to go down which I thought was a characteristic of the later Wenger teams. It wasn't just that we got pasted from time to time, it was that when we went behind early on it looked like we gave up and just accepted it.

No sign of that under Unai imo.
    You've got to give it to Unai. Regardless of Wenger's diminished standing, following in his footsteps must have been a daunting task. You might think he'd tread carefully and avoid doing anything that polarises the fans. So what does he do? He inherits a team with only one real marquee name and he c*nts him out the team with no hesitation.

You have to respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I wouldn't call Sokratis that - or Lichsteiner, though you'd probably be able to run away from him
    Sokratis is greek, la. They invented gayness. FACT.

Lichsteiner is Swiss and presumably was born halfway up an Alp. He thus has a genetic advantage.