Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 4 at end of feb

Yes. If you're a manager though, I think you'd prefer it if your new club hadn't just committed itself to a hundred million pound player who may not be your cup of tea. You'd much rather spend that money yourself, on your own choice of player, or even players.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Quite

And Wenger's comments in the media about Ozil being in a comfort zone and having issues with his immune system suggest that Emery got this one right.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Quite a jolly weekend, really. Tottenham lost, Liverpool dropped points (dangling the delicious prospect of them not winning the league), there was much hilarity with Chelsea's shenanigans and we ground out a tedious and uninspiring victory. Also, I believe this unseasonal weather will suit us, since our players are all glove-wearing homo types.

However, things will look very different next week after the foul hebrews have rammed their collective scabby, circumcised cock up our collective fundament until we haemorrhage internally.
    Oh, come on B.

I hate him as much as you do. But Laca scored a sexy flick, and when Ozil joined Rambo, Ozil's flick to Auba almost made a sexissima goal.

Flicks, see? Dat's wot Ize like.

Yes, we could have been 1-0 down not up. Yes, Xhaka giving the ball away could have made it 2-1 with 40 ins to play.

But we saw some flicks.

For the last 2 games, the snaggle-toothed vampire has realised that AFC play better with a no.10.

Ok, ideally I want two No.10s - like our 2006 CL team - 4-1-4-1 with Rambo and Ozil central but it's a start.

Still hate him and want him to eff off. But as my Latin teacher said the only time in 3 years I got a question right "We should be thankful for small mercies."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, come on B.

I hate him as much as you do. But Laca scored a sexy flick, and when Ozil joined Rambo, Ozil's flick to Auba almost made a sexissima goal.

Yes, we could have been 1-0 down not up. Yes, Xhaka giving the ball away could have made it 2-1 with 40 ins to play.

But we saw some flicks.

For the last 2 games, the snaggle-toothed vampire has realised that AFC play better with a no.10.

Ok, ideally I want two No.10s - like our 2006 CL team - 4-1-4-1 with Rambo and Ozil central but it's a start.

Still hate him and want him to eff off. But as my Latin teacher said the only time in 3 years I got a question right "We should be thankful for small mercies."
    I think you are confusing real football with Subbutteo - go watch that. You get lots of flicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, come on B.

But we saw some flicks.

Hate him?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think you are confusing real football with Subbutteo - go watch that. You get lots of flicks
    Genuine question. Do you really not get a little buzz when Laca flicks in HM7's shot with his heel instead of the instep? When Rambo finished that Ozil chip kung fu stylee? When Ozil flicked it on for Giroud?

Are you honestly just as happy with, eg Bate, two headed set pieces and an OG?

Genuine question. Do you really not get a little buzz when Laca flicks in HM7's shot with his heel instead of the instep? When Rambo finished that Ozil chip kung fu stylee? When Ozil flicked it on for Giroud?

Are you honestly just as happy with, eg Bate, two headed set pieces and an OG?
    Because of course there is nothing in between And to say you hate a manager after half a season in which overall, he has done pretty well - ffs. Of course, I like a "flick" but I certainly don't like flash for the sake of it - which at least two of the players you mention can be accused of (although one has left). There is brilliance is simplicity. I don't think Bergkamp, for instance, ever "tried" to be flash, he simply did what he had to do to make the best of a situation. Of course having the touch of a deity helped

Of course having the touch of a deity helped
    as Steve Lomas memorably found out...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Because of course there is nothing in between And to say you hate a manager after half a season in which overall, he has done pretty well - ffs. Of course, I like a "flick" but I certainly don't like flash for the sake of it - which at least two of the players you mention can be accused of (although one has left). There is brilliance is simplicity. I don't think Bergkamp, for instance, ever "tried" to be flash, he simply did what he had to do to make the best of a situation. Of course having the touch of a deity helped
    Yeah, but Dennis slowed down time. (cf the ten touches before that pass for Freddie vs Juve.) That's a whole different galaxy of sexiness.

From boring to sexy:

1. Ogs and big deflections
    2. Set pieces.
    3. Decent finishes
    4. Nice teams goals.
    5. Sexy flicks
    6 Eye of the needle passes (DB, Ozil etc)
    (DB)10 Slowing down time.

Yeah, but Dennis slowed down time. (cf the ten touches before that pass for Freddie vs Juve.) That's a whole different galaxy of sexiness.

From boring to sexy:

1. Ogs and big deflections
    2. Set pieces.
    3. Decent finishes
    4. Nice teams goals.
    5. Sexy flicks
    6 Eye of the needle passes (DB, Ozil etc)
    (DB)10 Slowing down time.
    Og when a player like PEA does well down the wing and a defender turns it in nicely deserve a category of their own but you've won me over since you you put 6 above five. wd GG

Og when a player like PEA does well down the wing and a defender turns it in nicely deserve a category of their own but you've won me over since you you put 6 above five. wd GG
    An og can come after some heroic passes or flicks, but I'd still rather it was our lad turning the ball in on purpose that some northern clogger mis-connecting. Simply because of the aesthetics.

But in all seriousness, DB10 did slow down time with that goal. Sitting in the NB watching it, I thought he had the ball at his feet for at least 30 seconds, as he dragged it this way and that with two, then 3 defenders around him before flicking it through for Freddie - a run he had noticed but the defenders hadn't despite all 4 have just started at the ball beneath DB's boot.

When I watched in on Youtube ten years later I was shocked to see it was all over in about 5 secs.

I swear to God (the proper one, not DB) that he literally slowed down time.