Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ind want Pak banned from the CWC. It won't happen but it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a while since I was there, sadly. But here's the linky https://punjabibynature.in/

When I got back to Delhi from Rajasthan once I asked my chum to take me for a laal maas. He took me to a shopping mall, where we sat in a reproduction Victorian railway carriage... I thought he'd brought me to a tourist trap but it was absolutely superb, as good as any laal mass I've had in Raj. Do you know the place I mean?
    Was it actually Delhi or one of the bourgeois new towns around it like Gurgoan or Noida?

Apparently they have shopping centres, but I've been there, and I can't think of any shopping centres in New Delhi, let alone old.

Connaught Place (CP) is about as plush as anywhere I've been. Though it's looking so much chicer now than when I first arrived 25 years ago. But I preferred it before it had all the intl brands like Nike or Apple or whatever.

There used to be this milk shop that did the best milk shakes in the world, sold to you in an old fashioned glass milk bottle with a straw for a pittance.

Did you know that cold coffee was invented in New Delhi? I make my own with ice cream and milk in a blender when it's hot at home. And will have one out there when it's hot, though I have a lassi when less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Was it actually Delhi or one of the bourgeois new towns around it like Gurgoan or Noida?

Apparently they have shopping centres, but I've been there, and I can't think of any shopping centres in New Delhi, let alone old.

Connaught Place (CP) is about as plush as anywhere I've been. Though it's looking so much chicer now than when I first arrived 25 years ago. But I preferred it before it had all the intl brands like Nike or Apple or whatever.

There used to be this milk shop that did the best milk shakes in the world, sold to you in an old fashioned glass milk bottle with a straw for a pittance.

Did you know that cold coffee was invented in New Delhi? I make my own with ice cream and milk in a blender when it's hot at home. And will have one out there when it's hot, though I have a lassi when less so.
    It could have been Gurgoan, I suppose.

A waiter in a restaurant in Connaught Place once brought me an ashtray and insited I enjoy my after dinner smoke at my table, despite the smoking ban' because 'these rules don't apply to white men'. It felt like 1932.

It could have been Gurgoan, I suppose.

A waiter in a restaurant in Connaught Place once brought me an ashtray and insited I enjoy my after dinner smoke at my table, despite the smoking ban' because 'these rules don't apply to white men'. It felt like 1932.
    They do like a smoke. Though did you know that the law banning smoking in govt buildings which preceded the restaurant ban by several years doesn't apply to sadhus smoking chillums? They're allowed to smoke chillums anywhere.

I do love CP though. Going very upmarket now. I kinda miss the homeless smackheads smoking in the doorways. Much nicer than the Nike shop you see in every sodding capital.

It's a while since I was there, sadly. But here's the linky https://punjabibynature.in/

When I got back to Delhi from Rajasthan once I asked my chum to take me for a laal maas. He took me to a shopping mall, where we sat in a reproduction Victorian railway carriage... I thought he'd brought me to a tourist trap but it was absolutely superb, as good as any laal mass I've had in Raj. Do you know the place I mean?
    Do you lovebirds just wanna get a room in which to chow down on each's dicks and stop embarrassing the rest of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Do you lovebirds just wanna get a room in which to chow down on each's dicks and stop embarrassing the rest of us ?
    wanna fight h
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'