Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
It's a while since I was there, sadly. But here's the linky https://punjabibynature.in/

When I got back to Delhi from Rajasthan once I asked my chum to take me for a laal maas. He took me to a shopping mall, where we sat in a reproduction Victorian railway carriage... I thought he'd brought me to a tourist trap but it was absolutely superb, as good as any laal mass I've had in Raj. Do you know the place I mean?
Was it actually Delhi or one of the bourgeois new towns around it like Gurgoan or Noida?

Apparently they have shopping centres, but I've been there, and I can't think of any shopping centres in New Delhi, let alone old.

Connaught Place (CP) is about as plush as anywhere I've been. Though it's looking so much chicer now than when I first arrived 25 years ago. But I preferred it before it had all the intl brands like Nike or Apple or whatever.

There used to be this milk shop that did the best milk shakes in the world, sold to you in an old fashioned glass milk bottle with a straw for a pittance.

Did you know that cold coffee was invented in New Delhi? I make my own with ice cream and milk in a blender when it's hot at home. And will have one out there when it's hot, though I have a lassi when less so.