Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bland.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    At this point I honestly don’t know if you guys are serious or trolling.

There wasn’t anything remotely enjoyable about losing to Forest, Bayern 10-2, Palace 3-0 with Flamini who supposedly wasn’t good enough for us or even drawing 1-1 vs 10 man mamagerless Atletico. Never mind all of the horrific defeats over the past few years.

Don’t get this Wengerball stuff...we haven’t seen that since the Invincible season and we’re talking about someone who made close to £200m off of us down the years...you shouldn’t feel sorry for him. He was well looked after and has no interest of ever getting back into football.

And I’m unsure why people have turned on Unai.

We all knew and accepted this season was about him and the players working together and we wouldn’t see real changes until Year 2 or 3 of his time here.

Not sure why this has changed especially given out injuries and the clear incompetency of some of our players.

Actually think people owe him an apology.

Ozil is fit and duly started last night. Even got the captain’s armband towards the end.

There is clearly no rift between the two and Unai has simply been covering for the lad until he was fully fit.
    Did I mention last year or Wenger? You oddballs are obsessed with the past. I spoke only of last night.

It was dull and not pleasant to watch. You can argue with that statement, and I'll debate you, but your response is a rant against our old manager who has no control over what happens now. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did I mention last year or Wenger? You oddballs are obsessed with the past. I spoke only of last night.

It was dull and not pleasant to watch. You can argue with that statement, and I'll debate you, but your response is a rant against our old manager who has no control over what happens now. Odd.
    Oh be quiet you disingenuous old goat. You've been sniping at Unai since the day he arrived. We progressed to the last 16 of a major tourney and all you can do is grizzle because none of the goals were preceded by a hundred sideways passes.

Oh, it's not about Unai, I think; nothing really to do with him at all, per se. It's all about the WOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh be quiet you disingenuous old goat. You've been sniping at Unai since the day he arrived. We progressed to the last 16 of a major tourney and all you can do is grizzle because none of the goals were preceded by a hundred sideways passes.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Excuse me, I fought through two world wars to protect freedom of expression and I consider myself free to express my view without be silenced by you, you jobbie-tugging bully.

If we had had the internet in the early '90s you would have seen me expressing a similar view about George Graham and his 'style' of football. So suck it up, ponceboy. You will never silence me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Excuse me, I fought through two world wars to protect freedom of expression and I consider myself free to express my view without be silenced by you, you jobbie-tugging bully.

If we had had the internet in the early '90s you would have seen me expressing a similar view about George Graham and his 'style' of football. So suck it up, ponceboy. You will never silence me.
    Does depend how you define early '90s, C.The football we played in '91 was as good as I'd ever seen. And the end of '92, when Merse and Limpar swapped wings and Campbell played up front with Wrighty was just sublime.

Course, GG being the proto-Emery decided he didn't like this and swiftly dropped everyone creative and got Hillier, Selley and Morrow into MF.

Did win us the CWC, though. After being the first team ever to win us the two domestic cups in the same season.

But yes, after we'd seen was was possible 1990-2, it was a pity. But we had the back 5 and Wrighty to keep us sane.

It's flicks, Herb. I want flicks. Don't care if they're forward, backwards or sideways. I want one touch flicks preferably using a part of the boot other than the instep. I likes that, I do.

Despite the stadium sounding like a busy shopping mall, I agree with LA (to add to your centre-backs scoring cloud9...defenders clearing off the line )
    An intriguing match for the connoisseur in which the ref should have blown for time 5-10 minutes earlier
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Despite the stadium sounding like a busy shopping mall, I agree with LA (to add to your centre-backs scoring cloud9...defenders clearing off the line )
    An intriguing match for the connoisseur in which the ref should have blown for time 5-10 minutes earlier
    Yes - always nice. I'm sure Kenny Sansom cleared the ball off the line at least once I match in his prime

Chavley always enjoyed a goal-line clearance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - always nice. I'm sure Kenny Sansom cleared the ball off the line at least once I match in his prime
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Chavley always enjoyed a goal-line clearance too.
    and a four-foot over-the-line clearance once as well