Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bland.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do rather like Emery's touchline antics.
    I love watching him on the sidelines almost as much as I love watching Gwendoozi play football.

19 isn't he? Lord but that lad is going to be a cracking player.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. We played well although we lacked a leetle bit the cutting edge around their box.

I'll take a slice of sourdough, thin spread of butter ( real salted stuff) on both

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What of the fried slice, hmm? After all, all that meat will have produced some wonderfully flavoured fat. Criminal to waste it.
    sidies then fry it in the leftover dirty bacon fat.

Major tourney is basically anything that isn't the Emirates Cup.

I final with Chelsea would be tasty I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    sidies then fry it in the leftover dirty bacon fat.
    That would be that, you know, Anchor stuff would it?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, it's about consistency.
    And Arsene was always very clear about the importance of consistency. For example, how frequently your parchimetro turns up for training.

Just imagine what would happen in court. "Quoting the case of Jarndice v Jarndice is all very well, m'lud, but it is pure whataboutery and should be struck from the record."

As for the match, I enjoyed it because we won 3-0 and we got to see dear old Mezut again.

Anchor, Lurpak, Country Life ... anything that isn't some kind of ridiclules fake made from mung bean oil. In addition to eating it, I need to be able to lube yer mum's arse'ole with it Brando stylee.

Well said, A. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And Arsene was always very clear about the importance of consistency. For example, how frequently your parchimetro turns up for training.

Just imagine what would happen in court. "Quoting the case of Jarndice v Jarndice is all very well, m'lud, but it is pure whataboutery and should be struck from the record."

As for the match, I enjoyed it because we won 3-0 and we got to see dear old Mezut again.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "as the primary reason many use"

Many, not Ganpati.

Which is why I did not criticise the fella, merely pointed out the game to be a funny old game in the context of how one person can be driven demented by an action that another appreciates.

Don't try and pick a fight with me you Dutch fanny.
    Thank you.

I have been consistant on this. Our owner is never gonna give us enough money to compete. So I'd rather play beautiful football even if we lose more games, or we get hamered by 5 or more goals a few times a season.

It gave me pleasure seeing Rambo back heel it into the net after starting that move this year as much as it did when Santi, Olly and Jack walked the ball into the net with one touch flicks.

I'd have a goalie, 2 CHs and a striker. And the rest of the team, full backs and all, should be players like Santi. Like Ozil, Rambo, Cesc, Bobby P, DB10.

If we can have the same-ish number of points but the choice is bland football but no hammerings vs sexy goals but getting stuffed by the big boys, I want the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh be quiet you disingenuous old goat. You've been sniping at Unai since the day he arrived. We progressed to the last 16 of a major tourney and all you can do is grizzle because none of the goals were preceded by a hundred sideways passes.
    It's flicks, Herb. I want flicks. Don't care if they're forward, backwards or sideways. I want one touch flicks preferably using a part of the boot other than the instep. I likes that, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Excuse me, I fought through two world wars to protect freedom of expression and I consider myself free to express my view without be silenced by you, you jobbie-tugging bully.

If we had had the internet in the early '90s you would have seen me expressing a similar view about George Graham and his 'style' of football. So suck it up, ponceboy. You will never silence me.
    Does depend how you define early '90s, C.The football we played in '91 was as good as I'd ever seen. And the end of '92, when Merse and Limpar swapped wings and Campbell played up front with Wrighty was just sublime.

Course, GG being the proto-Emery decided he didn't like this and swiftly dropped everyone creative and got Hillier, Selley and Morrow into MF.

Did win us the CWC, though. After being the first team ever to win us the two domestic cups in the same season.

But yes, after we'd seen was was possible 1990-2, it was a pity. But we had the back 5 and Wrighty to keep us sane.