Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Did you enjoy the game against the Swedish aprt timers in the same round last year?
    Explain to me how that's relevant. ]

Last year is, well, in the past. There has been a lot of change since last year. Why are you so obsessed with last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    At this point I honestly don’t know if you guys are serious or trolling.

There wasn’t anything remotely enjoyable about losing to Forest, Bayern 10-2, Palace 3-0 with Flamini who supposedly wasn’t good enough for us or even drawing 1-1 vs 10 man mamagerless Atletico. Never mind all of the horrific defeats over the past few years.

Don’t get this Wengerball stuff...we haven’t seen that since the Invincible season and we’re talking about someone who made close to £200m off of us down the years...you shouldn’t feel sorry for him. He was well looked after and has no interest of ever getting back into football.

And I’m unsure why people have turned on Unai.

We all knew and accepted this season was about him and the players working together and we wouldn’t see real changes until Year 2 or 3 of his time here.

Not sure why this has changed especially given out injuries and the clear incompetency of some of our players.

Actually think people owe him an apology.

Ozil is fit and duly started last night. Even got the captain’s armband towards the end.

There is clearly no rift between the two and Unai has simply been covering for the lad until he was fully fit.
    Did I mention last year or Wenger? You oddballs are obsessed with the past. I spoke only of last night.

It was dull and not pleasant to watch. You can argue with that statement, and I'll debate you, but your response is a rant against our old manager who has no control over what happens now. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    An own goal and two set pieces.

But, and I'm only being generous cos Ozil started:

1. We did get so many corners we were bound to score at least one eventually.

2. Ozil did about half a dozen flicks that, while none worked, were sexy. I don't mind us giving the ball away like that cos if it had worked it would have led to a sexy goal.
    Quite incredible statement really given that such flicks are often used as the primary reason many use to criticise Ramsey.

It really is a funny old game.

The only issue of any importance last evening was to win the tie, the performance or quality of football a complete irrelevance. We are through and we await the draw.

:nod: Pure whataboutery.

Formerly known as "context", "precedent"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Last year is, well, in the past. There has been a lot of change since last year. Why are you so obsessed with last year?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Formerly known as "context", "precedent"
    "Things were shít in the past so one mustn't mention that things are shít now"? That sort of "context"?

Despite the stadium sounding like a busy shopping mall, I agree with LA (to add to your centre-backs scoring cloud9...defenders clearing off the line )
    An intriguing match for the connoisseur in which the ref should have blown for time 5-10 minutes earlier
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quite incredible statement really given that such flicks are often used as the primary reason many use to criticise Ramsey.

It really is a funny old game.

The only issue of any importance last evening was to win the tie, the performance or quality of football a complete irrelevance. We are through and we await the draw.
    I've never heard (seen) ganpati slate Ramsey for his flickery, have you?

Paddy McGinty might be confusing him with WES
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

To start with, my question was aimed at AFC E who is obviously trying to make a point thta under UE we play bland football, my point was that we also played bland football ast year.

I think the future is positive under UE, he can get rid fo some of the players who don't seem to buy into his ideas and can get in players that will suit his style of football. This will take time as we have a lot of chaf to get rid of
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

No, it's about consistency.

"Things were shít in the past so one mustn't mention that things are shít now"? That sort of "context"?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."