Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Does depend how you define early '90s, C.The football we played in '91 was as good as I'd ever seen. And the end of '92, when Merse and Limpar swapped wings and Campbell played up front with Wrighty was just sublime.

Course, GG being the proto-Emery decided he didn't like this and swiftly dropped everyone creative and got Hillier, Selley and Morrow into MF.

Did win us the CWC, though. After being the first team ever to win us the two domestic cups in the same season.

But yes, after we'd seen was was possible 1990-2, it was a pity. But we had the back 5 and Wrighty to keep us sane.
After we got gubbed in the European Cup that time he shít himself and started sending teams out to kick people.

Dixon, Adams, Winterburn and Bould tasked with physically assaulting the opposition was digusting. We were no better than Stoke under Pulis and it made me ashamed.

It took Ferguson's Manyoo to get me interested in the game again. I'll never forgive George for that.