Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bland.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bland.

It’s like watching a glass of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Give it up C. Arsene’s gone and struggling at coming to terms that several months on, he’s only been offered the MK Dons gig.

An own goal and two set pieces.

But, and I'm only being generous cos Ozil started:

1. We did get so many corners we were bound to score at least one eventually.

2. Ozil did about half a dozen flicks that, while none worked, were sexy. I don't mind us giving the ball away like that cos if it had worked it would have led to a sexy goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    An own goal and two set pieces.

But, and I'm only being generous cos Ozil started:

1. We did get so many corners we were bound to score at least one eventually.

2. Ozil did about half a dozen flicks that, while none worked, were sexy. I don't mind us giving the ball away like that cos if it had worked it would have led to a sexy goal.
    Quite incredible statement really given that such flicks are often used as the primary reason many use to criticise Ramsey.

It really is a funny old game.

The only issue of any importance last evening was to win the tie, the performance or quality of football a complete irrelevance. We are through and we await the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quite incredible statement really given that such flicks are often used as the primary reason many use to criticise Ramsey.

It really is a funny old game.

The only issue of any importance last evening was to win the tie, the performance or quality of football a complete irrelevance. We are through and we await the draw.
    I've never heard (seen) ganpati slate Ramsey for his flickery, have you?

I've never heard (seen) ganpati slate Ramsey for his flickery, have you?
    "as the primary reason many use"

Many, not Ganpati.

Which is why I did not criticise the fella, merely pointed out the game to be a funny old game in the context of how one person can be driven demented by an action that another appreciates.

Don't try and pick a fight with me you Dutch fanny.

Many, not Ganpati.

Which is why I did not criticise the fella, merely pointed out the game to be a funny old game in the context of how one person can be driven demented by an action that another appreciates.

You said it was an incredible thing for him to say. I merely posited that it would only be an incredible thing to say if he had said the opposite about someone else.

Many, not Ganpati.

Thank you.

I have been consistant on this. Our owner is never gonna give us enough money to compete. So I'd rather play beautiful football even if we lose more games, or we get hamered by 5 or more goals a few times a season.

It gave me pleasure seeing Rambo back heel it into the net after starting that move this year as much as it did when Santi, Olly and Jack walked the ball into the net with one touch flicks.

I'd have a goalie, 2 CHs and a striker. And the rest of the team, full backs and all, should be players like Santi. Like Ozil, Rambo, Cesc, Bobby P, DB10.

If we can have the same-ish number of points but the choice is bland football but no hammerings vs sexy goals but getting stuffed by the big boys, I want the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Give it up C. Arsene’s gone and struggling at coming to terms that several months on, he’s only been offered the MK Dons gig.
    Did you enjoy watching that game?

Again, that seems an odd question. But that's where we are at nowadays, I suppose ..

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Did you enjoy watching that game?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."