Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bland.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Did you enjoy the game against the Swedish aprt timers in the same round last year?
    Explain to me how that's relevant. ]

Last year is, well, in the past. There has been a lot of change since last year. Why are you so obsessed with last year?

:nod: Pure whataboutery.

Formerly known as "context", "precedent"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Last year is, well, in the past. There has been a lot of change since last year. Why are you so obsessed with last year?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Formerly known as "context", "precedent"
    "Things were shít in the past so one mustn't mention that things are shít now"? That sort of "context"?

No, it's about consistency.

"Things were shít in the past so one mustn't mention that things are shít now"? That sort of "context"?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, it's about consistency.
    And Arsene was always very clear about the importance of consistency. For example, how frequently your parchimetro turns up for training.

Just imagine what would happen in court. "Quoting the case of Jarndice v Jarndice is all very well, m'lud, but it is pure whataboutery and should be struck from the record."

As for the match, I enjoyed it because we won 3-0 and we got to see dear old Mezut again.

Well said, A. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And Arsene was always very clear about the importance of consistency. For example, how frequently your parchimetro turns up for training.

Just imagine what would happen in court. "Quoting the case of Jarndice v Jarndice is all very well, m'lud, but it is pure whataboutery and should be struck from the record."

As for the match, I enjoyed it because we won 3-0 and we got to see dear old Mezut again.

To start with, my question was aimed at AFC E who is obviously trying to make a point thta under UE we play bland football, my point was that we also played bland football ast year.

I think the future is positive under UE, he can get rid fo some of the players who don't seem to buy into his ideas and can get in players that will suit his style of football. This will take time as we have a lot of chaf to get rid of
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    To start with, my question was aimed at AFC E who is obviously trying to make a point thta under UE we play bland football, my point was that we also played bland football ast year.

I think the future is positive under UE, he can get rid fo some of the players who don't seem to buy into his ideas and can get in players that will suit his style of football. This will take time as we have a lot of chaf to get rid of
    The title of the thread was making a point that I happen to agree with. I see no reason for any optimism, either in terms of results or in terms of the football becoming fun to watch.

Of course, the man needs time, right now it's dull, uninspiring and lacking any kind of strategy that my limited mind can discern. I saw more of a pattern in our first 10 games under the man than I do in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The title of the thread was making a point that I happen to agree with. I see no reason for any optimism, either in terms of results or in terms of the football becoming fun to watch.

Of course, the man needs time, right now it's dull, uninspiring and lacking any kind of strategy that my limited mind can discern. I saw more of a pattern in our first 10 games under the man than I do in recent weeks.
    Bingo.

And that's when we had Rambo and Ozil in the team and the front 5 were being allowed to play wengerball while he tried to sort out the defence.

We were scoring sexy goals but still Mustafying it up at the back. So what does Dick do? Drop the creatives.

Just like, as you and SC say, when GG played beautiful footie at the end of '92, he dropped Kevin Campbell and forced out Limpar, which drove Merse to hit the bottle and the bookies, thus leaving only IWWW as any creative up front.