Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Soubry, Allen and Wollaston strongly rumoured to jump Tory ship later this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But the mental thing is, no-one is saying Corbyn himself is anti-semitic, merely that he's presiding over a culture of anti-semitism.

Which is rather annoying given that no-one in the history of the world has endorsed, defended, advocated and stood alongside anti-semites more than Jeremy Corbyn,
    Ken Livingstone knows a man who has.

Jaysus wept! - even back when I was a card carrying, Guardian reading class warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Never mind the racism, Derek Hatton has been re-admitted to the Labour Party. There is no more extraordinary indictment of the modern Labour Party than that. It is literally unbelievable.
    marxist apparatchik I could not bear that oily little bin-dipping ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    marxist apparatchik I could not bear that oily little bin-dipping ****.
    It is effectively an admission that no transgression, no past disloyalty or behaviour will exclude you from the Labour Party just so long as you profess undying loyalty to the leadership. That is literally the only thing that counts.

Oddly enough, the most savage hatchet job on him today is actually in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...low-for-labour

These 11 fearless souls have concluded that if you can't change an organisation from within you have no choice but to leave it.

You can't fault their logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    These 11 fearless souls have concluded that if you can't change an organisation from within you have no choice but to leave it.

You can't fault their logic.
    Perhaps they’ll opt for something catchy to lure in disaffected voters. I dunno, how about, say, The SDP ?

George Soros must be throwing suitcases full of wonga at everybody again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    George Soros must be throwing suitcases full of wonga at everybody again.
    Of course he is. When does he ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Perhaps they’ll opt for something catchy to lure in disaffected voters. I dunno, how about, say, The SDP ?
    Unlike this lot, the Gang of Four were actually senior political heavyweights. Even the 'other one' had been a secretary of state.

As far as I can tell the three Tories who left are Remainers with a strop on. The 8 who have left Labour have done so because the leader and much of the party leadership are racist bullies who couldn't be trusted to run the country.

Sadly, methinks those two messages are going to get mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    As far as I can tell the three Tories who left are Remainers with a strop on. The 8 who have left Labour have done so because the leader and much of the party leadership are racist bullies who couldn't be trusted to run the country.

Sadly, methinks those two messages are going to get mixed up.
    Right-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Anti-Semite' at political opponents sounds to me just like left-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Islamophobe' at their political opponents. Childish and insincere name-calling all round imo.