Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was wondering about the legal position regarding the revocation of

I was wondering about the legal position regarding the revocation of

Miss Belgium's UK citizenship; luckily, the British Nationality Act of 1981 is as clear as clear can be:

BNA 1981 Section 40 part 2:

The Secretary of State may by order deprive a person of a citizenship status if the Secretary of State is satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good.

BNA 1981 Section 40 part 3:

Subject to the provisions of this section, the Secretary of State may by order deprive any British citizen to whom this subsection applies of his British citizenship if the Secretary of State is satisfied that that citizen -

(a) has shown himself by act or speech to be disloyal or disaffected towards Her Majesty; or

(b) has, during any war in which Her Majesty was engaged, unlawfully traded or communicated with an enemy or been engaged in or associated with any business that was to his knowledge carried on in such a manner as to assist an enemy in that war;

So there we go, we can all move along, there is nothing more to se here.

wd sajid javid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    (a) has shown himself by act or speech to be disloyal or disaffected towards Her Majesty; or

(b) has, during any war in which Her Majesty was engaged, unlawfully traded or communicated with an enemy or been engaged in or associated with any business that was to his knowledge carried on in such a manner as to assist an enemy in that war;
    That's the first thing he SJWs will try to posit; that the law only applies to men. This should get the transers in a flux anyways.

I should imagine that by the end of the day the bellowing indignation of the ISIS apologists will be reaching a crescendo. I just know this decision will be overturned ( and so do you c )

Miss Belgium's UK citizenship; luckily, the British Nationality Act of 1981 is as clear as clear can be:

The Secretary of State may by order deprive a person of a citizenship status if the Secretary of State is satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good.

Subject to the provisions of this section, the Secretary of State may by order deprive any British citizen to whom this subsection applies of his British citizenship if the Secretary of State is satisfied that that citizen -

wd sajid javid.
    What about the babby?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What about the babby?
    What about the baby? It remains a British citizen, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Or a Dutch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Or a Dutch one.
    Yes but that would be his parents' decision, rather than the UK Government's.

wd sajid javid.
    My strong feeling is that it'll get overturned by m'learned friends, but that Javid realised that, were she allowed back, there would have been no chance of her receiving anything more than a talking-to. So, rather than be shown to be impotent in the face of our supine courts, police and social care monkeys, he chose to do the one thing that he could that made him look strong - even though he knows that later on, he'll probably have to shrug and blame the courts.

Yes but that would be his parents' decision, rather than the UK Government's.
    Not really sure why they should get any say at all, tbh. Besides, as I understand it, Dutch law is much more paternalistic in these matters and regards the child of a Dutch father as automatically being a Dutch.

Even so, I can't imagine they'll be clamouring to get the spawn of two fùcking jihadis on their books any time soon.

Ah - I missed the bit where the baby was born. I was wondering if someone is stripped of citizenship while pregnant what would the status of the baby be. But then again I don't really care

It is pretty odd that parents routinely have their kids taken away from them for negligent behaviour such as alcoholism, smacking their kids around a bit. And yet a woman with avowed sadistic motivations is allowed to keep hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not really sure why they should get any say at all, tbh. Besides, as I understand it, Dutch law is much more paternalistic in these matters and regards the child of a Dutch father as automatically being a Dutch.

Even so, I can't imagine they'll be clamouring to get the spawn of two fùcking jihadis on their books any time soon.