Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My question: how could we have gotten it so wrong with Gnabry?

My question: how could we have gotten it so wrong with Gnabry?

He's in the starting lineup for Bayern vs Liverpudlians.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    'gotten'
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

City are probably in a similar situation with Sancho and potentially, Foden. Chelsea with Lukaku and many others.
    There's always a down side in having too many young prospects on the books at the same time.

Arsene was too busy giving Walcott just that one last chance (and 50th new contract).

Did he not have a serious injury just in time for contract renewal ?...or something along those lines

We didn’t get anything wrong.

Picked up injuries and had weight issues yet felt entitled enough to demand he play 1st team football regularly.

He went on loan to West Brom but they sent him back because they couldn’t put up with his childishness.

Talented player....I felt at the time he had the potential to be far better than both Theo and Ox but he had his issues.

Look...after a while people grow up...question is how long do you wait...sometimes you admit it isn’t working, shake hands and part ways.

Just like Mustafi and Xhaka in the summer.

They might both return to Germany and be superstars but that doesn’t me we got things wrong with them.

Also wasn’t it just last week people were moaning about how pow poor the Bundesliga is after Tottenham had their way with Dortmund?

Seen. Good post. We can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    We didn’t get anything wrong.

Picked up injuries and had weight issues yet felt entitled enough to demand he play 1st team football regularly.

He went on loan to West Brom but they sent him back because they couldn’t put up with his childishness.

Talented player....I felt at the time he had the potential to be far better than both Theo and Ox but he had his issues.

Look...after a while people grow up...question is how long do you wait...sometimes you admit it isn’t working, shake hands and part ways.

Just like Mustafi and Xhaka in the summer.

They might both return to Germany and be superstars but that doesn’t me we got things wrong with them.

Also wasn’t it just last week people were moaning about how pow poor the Bundesliga is after Tottenham had their way with Dortmund?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Mustafi yes, Xhaka no. For all his clod-hopping he's a physical player who would be good in an alley-way scuffle. You need that, especially when you have undersized defenders like Mustafi.

With that being said, goddamn. Walcott. :Shakes head:

He doesn't get in the Bayern side when a 35-year-old arthritic Robben is "fit". He had a good five minutes last night but was wasteful for most of the time he was on the pitch. If Iwobi put in a performance like that (and he does tbf) he would be panned

Come back to me when you've googled past perfect tense.