Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My question: how could we have gotten it so wrong with Gnabry?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He doesn't get in the Bayern side when a 35-year-old arthritic Robben is "fit". He had a good five minutes last night but was wasteful for most of the time he was on the pitch. If Iwobi put in a performance like that (and he does tbf) he would be panned
    This.

I also remember Gnabry having less than a handful of decent games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    This.

I also remember Gnabry having less than a handful of decent games for us.
    Undoubtedly talented though - but wouldn't be at Bayern if he wasn't German imo. They are crying out for young German talent, really. Müller's star is on the wane, nothing really coming through the youth system since Kimmich (and let's face it, full backs aren't sexy) and the next big hope is a Canadian ffs. Goretzka and Gnabry are there best chance

Undoubtedly talented though - but wouldn't be at Bayern if he wasn't German imo. They are crying out for young German talent, really. Müller's star is on the wane, nothing really coming through the youth system since Kimmich (and let's face it, full backs aren't sexy) and the next big hope is a Canadian ffs. Goretzka and Gnabry are there best chance
    Kimmich always strikes me as massively over-rated

Kimmich always strikes me as massively over-rated
    Got too big for his boots as seen against Mexico in the World Cup where playing right back wasn't good enough for him so he decided to completely abandon defending

Got too big for his boots as seen against Mexico in the World Cup where playing right back wasn't good enough for him so he decided to completely abandon defending
    I'll tell you what, Clive, Bayern may not be a Great Team any more, but they were fúcking impressive last night. Thon Thiago is a simply magnificent footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'll tell you what, Clive, Bayern may not be a Great Team any more, but they were fúcking impressive last night. Thon Thiago is a simply magnificent footballer.
    I thought the Martinez was sensational. Utterly ran himself into the ground as well. Proper midfield performance

Didn't watch it.

I glanced briefly at what used to be called terrestrial television last night. The best options were 'Sinkholes', followed by '100 Vaginas' and then a half hour chance for the BBC and ITN to advocate on behalf of a jihadi before a cheery documentary about a chap who got routinely beaten up and scalded with boiling water by his girlfriend before bed.

I stuck to The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime.

I thought the Martinez was sensational. Utterly ran himself into the ground as well. Proper midfield performance
    Yes, they still have quality and a great deal of nous.

Spurs will beat them in the final

Indeed - I love Thiago. Strangely unpopular with a lot of Bayern fans though

He doesn't get in the Bayern side when a 35-year-old arthritic Robben is "fit". He had a good five minutes last night but was wasteful for most of the time he was on the pitch. If Iwobi put in a performance like that (and he does tbf) he would be panned
    Did not watch any of the second half and when he did get the ball first half, save for one quick cross into the box, I found myself thinking "for fúcks sake Gnabry".

Pretty much as you have stated above.