Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Motson apologises for calling Millwall’s Tom Elliott ‘big, black and brave’

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Which of the these three things is Tom Elliott not, then?
    Is John Motson not dead, then?

I suppose if we look at it t'other way about it makes more sense. If you were to say something negative about someone, to add their skin colour would make it worse, since it's irrelevant, but suggests their skin colour is an important issue to you. Thus 'You cheating ****' is rude, but preferable to 'You cheating black ****'. The same goes for compliments.

I'm supposed to be in hospital being operated on today but it was postponed because the surgeon fell ill.

Talk about physician heal thyself. Ha!
    I was going to ask about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was going to ask about that.
    Yes, apparently getting my tuma under a microscope isn't quite as urgent as was first suggested, since it can wait another week.

By Friday I'll be walking around with a lump the size of a watermelon in the middle of my face.

Yes, apparently getting my tuma under a microscope isn't quite as urgent as was first suggested, since it can wait another week.

By Friday I'll be walking around with a lump the size of a watermelon in the middle of my face.
    Surgeon falls ill. Nose falls off.

Sorted.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You know as well as I do (and everyone else on here) what the issue is, he wouldn't say Big, brave and white would he...... wouldn't have caslled Neveille Southall, big and brave and white and a scruffy **** would he
    But you do say "great white hope".

I do hate all these identity politics fückwits. All my black mates say black but the semi-literate student brigade jumped on some posh English actor, who was actually trying to help, for saying "coloured" when they wanted "persons of colour" despite the fact that the biggest black rights org in the west is the NAACP where C stands for coloured.

It's all about finding something to take offence over, and it achieves nothing.

If they just took a fraction of the time they spend posting about being offended (and yes I know I'm being hypocritical) and did one hour's work at min wage, the tenner they could send to MSF or, I dunno, how 'bout a charity working with the Delhi street kids, would actually make the world a better place, and would be worthwhile them bragging about online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But you do say "great white hope".

I do hate all these identity politics fückwits. All my black mates say black but the semi-literate student brigade jumped on some posh English actor, who was actually trying to help, for saying "coloured" when they wanted "persons of colour" despite the fact that the biggest black rights org in the west is the NAACP where C stands for coloured.

It's all about finding something to take offence over, and it achieves nothing.

If they just took a fraction of the time they spend posting about being offended (and yes I know I'm being hypocritical) and did one hour's work at min wage, the tenner they could send to MSF or, I dunno, how 'bout a charity working with the Delhi street kids, would actually make the world a better place, and would be worthwhile them bragging about online.
    Where does all that leave the expression...'young, gifted and black'..something that I often refer to myself as, being none of them?

The pressing thing is the need to grill Motty about just whyhe apologised, imo. That, after all, is what leads to this ****e; people being too cowardly to stand up for themselves.

Which of the these three things is Tom Elliott not, then?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."