Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just had a chat with Mesut's cousin in the petrol station

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The club is in a bit of a mess, I agree, and that's far from his fault. What I object to is the utter bóllocks we are seeing on the pitch most games. I'd rather watch MK Dons than us at the moment - and within recent memory, even when we weren't winning trophies, we were the hot ticket in town. People wanted to watch The Arsenal. People admired the way The Arsenal played football. Now the way The Arsenal play football is like Stoke without the fighting spirit. I repeat, I don't know yet if that's because he's a rubbish coach or because he is destroying to rebuild, but he has ruined the way we play and that offends me.
    I can only guess there is a lot more to it than we all know.

A top level manager so bereft of apparent creativity yet he is being seen as going out of his way to exclude Ozil. Only once (Bournemouth away I think) has he made any utterance which could be perceived as negative about the German, the rest of the time we have been fed a litany of reasons related to illness and / or injury.

I am fúcked if I know what is going on but a manager being so obtuse in his team selection makes no sense to me and as such I have to believe other issues are at play.

Thing is Ozil is getting, and with respect to his Tweet over the weekend, making the headlines here but personally I see Emery’s biggest issue and the one that is causing me most annoyance is the defence and the general feeling of “what the fúck is going on”. Back 4, back 3, back 5. None of them really working and you generally don’t know what to expect when you look at a team announcement game on game.

The Ramsey issue where perhaps other players who are remaining with the club are being “prioritised” I can fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The club is in a bit of a mess, I agree, and that's far from his fault. What I object to is the utter bóllocks we are seeing on the pitch most games. I'd rather watch MK Dons than us at the moment - and within recent memory, even when we weren't winning trophies, we were the hot ticket in town. People wanted to watch The Arsenal. People admired the way The Arsenal played football. Now the way The Arsenal play football is like Stoke without the fighting spirit. I repeat, I don't know yet if that's because he's a rubbish coach or because he is destroying to rebuild, but he has ruined the way we play and that offends me.
    This is utter nonsense, we play nothing like Stoke and at times this year have played some of the best football I have seen in years. And if there is anything different this year on the pitch it is that we never capitulate. Even against Liverpool, down 5-1 with a few minutes remaining, we were endless pushing forward. Partly this is because we are clearly fitter, partly this is because of the style Unai wants us to play. Either way, the head down capitulations of the past few seasons under Wenger seem to have stopped.

wd Unai Emery

One issue that needs to be cleared up is his injury situation and if Unai has been possibly protecting him.

Seen all sorts of stories and rumours.

Apparently the main problem is his sciatica which has flared up to unbelievable levels this season. Rumour is it was so bad he was trapped on his sofa for an entire weekend. People only new after the club sent someone around on the Monday because he missed Training.

(According to soneone on 4chan) lol

Emery is shìte

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Emery is shìte
    Finally - conclusive proof that Unai is a top class manager.

And irrefutable proof, at that. Now we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Finally - conclusive proof that Unai is a top class manager.

And irrefutable proof, at that. Now we all know.
    lul u wot m8