Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
The club is in a bit of a mess, I agree, and that's far from his fault. What I object to is the utter bóllocks we are seeing on the pitch most games. I'd rather watch MK Dons than us at the moment - and within recent memory, even when we weren't winning trophies, we were the hot ticket in town. People wanted to watch The Arsenal. People admired the way The Arsenal played football. Now the way The Arsenal play football is like Stoke without the fighting spirit. I repeat, I don't know yet if that's because he's a rubbish coach or because he is destroying to rebuild, but he has ruined the way we play and that offends me.
I can only guess there is a lot more to it than we all know.

A top level manager so bereft of apparent creativity yet he is being seen as going out of his way to exclude Ozil. Only once (Bournemouth away I think) has he made any utterance which could be perceived as negative about the German, the rest of the time we have been fed a litany of reasons related to illness and / or injury.

I am fúcked if I know what is going on but a manager being so obtuse in his team selection makes no sense to me and as such I have to believe other issues are at play.

Thing is Ozil is getting, and with respect to his Tweet over the weekend, making the headlines here but personally I see Emery’s biggest issue and the one that is causing me most annoyance is the defence and the general feeling of “what the fúck is going on”. Back 4, back 3, back 5. None of them really working and you generally don’t know what to expect when you look at a team announcement game on game.

The Ramsey issue where perhaps other players who are remaining with the club are being “prioritised” I can fully understand.