Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just had a chat with Mesut's cousin in the petrol station

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He should definitely be given time before conclusions are drawn, including hopefully a couple of transfer windows with backing. So far some interim assessments have been sketched, and the shape of those are somewhat disappoint and underwhelm.

Results have been slightly better in the league this season compared to last but performances have not been much better overall, and the football is even harder to watch - to the point that I really enjoyed the weekend without us in the 5th round.

If it is his 'tactical' decision to leave Mezut Öut of a team playing this dull and lifeless 5-0-5, and not give him the chance of a run of games that might help his form then ... meh. On the other hand he has inherited an unbalanced squad and lost three important players for the season.
    let us not forget

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    let us not forget

The last twitch of our vestigial Wengerism, iufg. Doubtless Emery hated it and vowed at that moment to stamp such things out forever.

let us not forget

Ah yes, a pure Wenger goal, made and scored by, well, some bloke Emery seems to have discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The last twitch of our vestigial Wengerism, iufg. Doubtless Emery hated it and vowed at that moment to stamp such things out forever.
    I'm sure I heard a stat somewhere that The Arsenal are the stingiest team in the league at conceding goals from corners and / or free kicks.

My word!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah yes, a pure Wenger goal, made and scored by, well, some bloke Emery seems to have discarded.
    I'd discard him if he wanted £300k a week, tbh

I'm sure I heard a stat somewhere that The Arsenal are the stingiest team in the league at conceding goals from corners and / or free kicks.

My word!
    We also have the highest number of goals conceded of any team in the top six (indeed, we're 10th highest overall), so you'll forgive me if I refrain from coming in my pants just yet.

Having reflected on the Bate game I believe there’s been a massive over reaction.

Sh*t happens.

Cech is useless, Mustafi is hot garbage, Kos is all washed up (yeah he was stunning vs Chelsea but they showed with no strikers), Lacazette was unlucky as I saw no connection between his elbow and the lad’s face, Mhkitaryan’s time is up and Suarez or Willock should start ahead of him, the pitch was desperate and let’s be fair they’ve won their league 13 years on the bounce...they are no ones mugs imo

There’s also some history here...they crushed Bayern 3-1 in the Champions league a few years back only for Bayern to go on and win the tournament so hopefully we’ll have a similar wake up call although given our defence and no away goals I wouldn’t exactly call it a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So he either stays and doesn't play or leaves?

Splendid.
    Well, hopefully Dick will be gone in the summer. Pity it'll be too late to keep Rambo. Let AW manage the MF and attack and put GG in charge of the back 5. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Well, hopefully Dick will be gone in the summer. Pity it'll be too late to keep Rambo. Let AW manage the MF and attack and put GG in charge of the back 5. Simples.
    Personally, I think the failure to clone AW Boys From Brazil style in the 21 years we had him was criminal.

He'd just be reaching maturity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was asking Ash's opinion, rather than expressing one.

I have judged nothing yet. I am appalled at what he has done to the football club, but I'm waiting to see whether he is cracking eggs to make an omelette or whether he is simply out of his depth.
    You big fúcking drama queen.