Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture the scene down in the bunker right now.

Picture the scene down in the bunker right now.

Grandpa Semtex gloomily sips his nettle tea. McDonnell pops a snooker ball into a sock, and Seamus Milne's face, which always has a sour look to it, can now turn milk into yoghurt with just one glance.

Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Grandpa Semtex gloomily sips his nettle tea. McDonnell pops a snooker ball into a sock, and Seamus Milne's face, which always has a sour look to it, can now turn milk into yoghurt with just one glance.

Happy days.
    I seriously doubt they'll be surprised by this. McDonnell and Milne may be utter scum, but (unlike Corbyn) they're not stupid. They'll have a contingency plan, so I'll be interested to see what their next move is.

The thing is, there really isn't anyone of substance among these seven and their 'leader' Umunna's a pretty boy, but as thick as a brick. They'll need others to jump in order for them not to be marginalised, isolated and destroyed.

Happy days.
    Owen Jones must be verging on suicidal

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We couldn't be that lucky.

Far from it. Owen will by now have achieved near-Harvey levels of self-serving sanctimony, comparing his ideological purity to these cowards and traitors.

Make no mistake, come the revolution, Owen will be at the vanguard of the Dear Leader's personal bodyguard. The Leibstandarte SS Jeremy Corbyn will be headquartered in St Thomas' Mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I seriously doubt they'll be surprised by this. McDonnell and Milne may be utter scum, but (unlike Corbyn) they're not stupid. They'll have a contingency plan, so I'll be interested to see what their next move is.

The thing is, there really isn't anyone of substance among these seven and their 'leader' Umunna's a pretty boy, but as thick as a brick. They'll need others to jump in order for them not to be marginalised, isolated and destroyed.
    Exactly. That's the problem.

Though if I was still living in Brixton/Streatham as I was when he became MP, I'd be supporting him.

Despite him being a cünt. I wrote to him, didn't get a reply but instead got signed up against my wishes to the Chuka email newsletter.

Meg Hillier (chair of public accounts ctte) in Hackney is much better. She replies to every idiotic thing I send her and sends me handwritten Xmas cards.

But people like me need a centrist, pro-EU party.

Far from it. Owen will by now have achieved near-Harvey levels of self-serving sanctimony, comparing his ideological purity to these cowards and traitors.

Make no mistake, come the revolution, Owen will be at the vanguard of the Dear Leader's personal bodyguard. The Leibstandarte SS Jeremy Corbyn will be headquartered in St Thomas' Mosque.
    I've already seen Young Labour tweeting the lyrics to the Red Flag on Twitter.

These people are mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Exactly. That's the problem.

Though if I was still living in Brixton/Streatham as I was when he became MP, I'd be supporting him.

Despite him being a cünt. I wrote to him, didn't get a reply but instead got signed up against my wishes to the Chuka email newsletter.

Meg Hillier (chair of public accounts ctte) in Hackney is much better. She replies to every idiotic thing I send her and sends me handwritten Xmas cards.

But people like me need a centrist, pro-EU party.
    But people like you have very little electoral significance other than as a means to stop the Labour Party winning elections, so do crack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But people like you have very little electoral significance other than as a means to stop the Labour Party winning elections, so do crack on.
    Berni, I may be rabidly anti-Tory but you must know by now I'm not a tankie.

If this splits the vote and keeps Jez out and your mob in, fine.

If we've left the EU, then I couldn't care less. The economy will tank so it's better a pro-Brexit Tory leader (as the next surely will be given the membership) has to deal with the mess and take the blame, instead of 5 years of Corbyn fücking the country up and then two decades of Tory misrule as they tell the public they have to clear up the mess.

We need to split the young, pro-EU Corbynistas (who are just the sort of idealistic idiot I was when first a student) from the real, old skool Tankies.

If being out of power for 4-5 years is the price we have to pay then so be it.

It's one thing to allow a fruitcake (loon and open racist) like Corbyn to sit as a backbench MP. It's quite another to have him as leader of HM's Loyal Opposition, let alone as PM.

Now if only we could get that nice, gay Tory facing reselection to split off too, that would be even better. Work with the LDs and SNP purely on fighting Brexit - delaying Art 50 and then start working towards a second vote.

But if Brexit happens, then sod it. Of course I don't want Jez as PM.

I may be a lefty, B, but I do have degrees in both economics and in history so I have a vague idea of what a Corbyn govt could lead to. And I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies. Not even Tories.

Any of you twittering types follow Jorge?

I would have thought he was on this one in a rather big way.