Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So does this anticipated Labout split represent the end of the

So does this anticipated Labout split represent the end of the

Corbyn project?

Am I safe to leave the house now, without fear of persecution?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Corbyn project?

An economist has just sent something through about this... if it is only a couple of dozen then it will be seen as an irrelevance, if it got up to about 80 that would likely prevent a Labour (Corbyn Govt), but saying that you now have a number of Tory seets looking to deselect remainers....

They say this could realign UK politics but wont ve in the short term
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Corbyn project?

Let's see how many of these fannies actually turn up first, shall we? They've not been notable for their readiness to put their money where their mouth is so far. It's true that it doesn't take many to split to essentially end any remote chance of Corbyn ever becoming PM, but the full Momentum terror campaign will be unleashed, so we'll see if they're ready to withstand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    An economist has just sent something through about this... if it is only a couple of dozen then it will be seen as an irrelevance, if it got up to about 80 that would likely prevent a Labour (Corbyn Govt), but saying that you now have a number of Tory seets looking to deselect remainers....

They say this could realign UK politics but wont ve in the short term
    Yes, but deselecting remainers from tory seats will make it more likely that the tories win those seats at an election (although in fact the tory party has no mechanism for deselection, merely for insisting candidates be presented for reselection). A 'centrist' party represents very little threat to the Tories in terms of votes. For Labour, on the other hand, the rise of any centrist party would mean an almost certainly unsurvivable loss of vital votes in marginals.

Corbyn project?

Surely the Blair-worshipping Islington luvvies will leap at the chance to escape the clutches of the unwashed Commies, leaving the Labour Party entirely populated by the slavering loons of Momentum. Anyone who votes for that crowd really needs to have his bumps felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's see how many of these fannies actually turn up first, shall we? They've not been notable for their readiness to put their money where their mouth is so far. It's true that it doesn't take many to split to essentially end any remote chance of Corbyn ever becoming PM, but the full Momentum terror campaign will be unleashed, so we'll see if they're ready to withstand that.
    Looks like at least seven have anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Surely the Blair-worshipping Islington luvvies will leap at the chance to escape the clutches of the unwashed Commies, leaving the Labour Party entirely populated by the slavering loons of Momentum. Anyone who votes for that crowd really needs to have his bumps felt.
    The likes of Ian Harvey, you mean? It seems to me that all it took was the loss of the 2015 election for a lot of big-tent Blairite Islingtonians to transform into red-as a-baboon's-arse jew-baiters. Scratch the surface of any lefty and you'll find a stalinist not far beneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Looks like at least seven have anyway
    Notably, they haven't actually declared a new party, just an independent group and resigned the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The likes of Ian Harvey, you mean? It seems to me that all it took was the loss of the 2015 election for a lot of big-tent Blairite Islingtonians to transform into red-as a-baboon's-arse jew-baiters. Scratch the surface of any lefty and you'll find a stalinist not far beneath.
    There are at least four errors here. Not that I can be bothered to point them out or bicker over them. Just sayin'.