Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, tripadvisorWIMB: Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I'm pretty sure I read the same book.
    Bless 'em, in Founders Plaza, they have a reconstruction of what the first buildings in Dallas would have looked like. The design dates back to - gasp - 1831.
    I am currently sitting in a pub in Ware that is 800 years old. I could fire a shotgun down the high street here and not hit a single building built after 1831. It's a weird thing being somewhere that has no roots to it.
    Nobody goes to Dallas for a holiday or for fun. It's all bidness. Also, no Texans live in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Nobody goes to Dallas for a holiday or for fun. It's all bidness. Also, no Texans live in Dallas.
    It has some decent art, particularly sculpture and a burgeoning food scene. Houston is better on all fronts and the smaller cities are better still. I assume this was a work trip, because you’d have to be a JFK obsessive to visit Dallas. Even then you’d be disappointed.

Did you see any morons run over on the JFK died here crosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Did you see I went to Dealey Plaza and the museum? It’s convinced me there’s no way Oswald was the only shooter (if he was a shooter at all).

You're from south London though; you probably see darkies everywhere, even in your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bit of a fùcking kip, frankly. Fúck all to see bar the JFK thing.
    And it’s really quite...well...y’know...black.
    Certainly in the downtown area, it’s almost all black and Mexican.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course. Diversity is our strength and whatnot.
    Rather a lot of the black chaps do seem to be of the older variety who stand on street corners wearing every item of clothing they own and shouting incomprehensibly at passers by. Which is nice.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You're from south London though; you probably see darkies everywhere, even in your sleep.
    I'm amazed at the absence of a meaningful Afro-Caribbean community in my corner of SE London / Kent. I can only assume that People Of Colour are too discerning to live amongst gyppos.

You never said you were a gyppo?

Fairplay though; nobody likes having alot of Africans around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm amazed at the absence of a meaningful Afro-Caribbean community in my corner of SE London / Kent. I can only assume that People Of Colour are too discerning to live amongst gyppos.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You never said you were a gyppo?

Fairplay though; nobody likes having alot of Africans around.
    I’m not a gyppo. I’m a Dutch/Irish mongrel, certainly, but I’m no gyppo.