Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, tripadvisorWIMB: Dallas

So, tripadvisorWIMB: Dallas

Bit of a fùcking kip, frankly. Fúck all to see bar the JFK thing.
    And it’s really quite...well...y’know...black.
    Certainly in the downtown area, it’s almost all black and Mexican.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course. Diversity is our strength and whatnot.
    Rather a lot of the black chaps do seem to be of the older variety who stand on street corners wearing every item of clothing they own and shouting incomprehensibly at passers by. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course. Diversity is our strength and whatnot.
    Rather a lot of the black chaps do seem to be of the older variety who stand on street corners wearing every item of clothing they own and shouting incomprehensibly at passers by. Which is nice.
    I like that it's 'salad' backwards. Kinda.

America is shíte.

What about Southfork?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What about Southfork?
    I was quite distressed that I didn't see a single Oil Baron, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I like that it's 'salad' backwards. Kinda.

America is shíte.
    You may have a point. I know it's a cliche, but the lack of anything old in a place does make it all feel a bit superficial and unreal. In that sense, it's a lot like being in Welwyn Garden City.

You may have a point. I know it's a cliche, but the lack of anything old in a place does make it all feel a bit superficial and unreal. In that sense, it's a lot like being in Welwyn Garden City.
    Do you know that there are villages in England with more 200 year old buildings than the whole of the USA?*

*Something like that. Read it in a Bill Bryson book.

I was quite distressed that I didn't see a single Oil Baron, la.
    yeah **** it off and go to Denver see the Carrington's instead.

there is a horrendous Dynasty remake on netflix.
    Sammy jo is a gay fella

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you know that there are villages in England with more 200 year old buildings than the whole of the USA?*

*Something like that. Read it in a Bill Bryson book.
    Yes. I'm pretty sure I read the same book.
    Bless 'em, in Founders Plaza, they have a reconstruction of what the first buildings in Dallas would have looked like. The design dates back to - gasp - 1831.
    I am currently sitting in a pub in Ware that is 800 years old. I could fire a shotgun down the high street here and not hit a single building built after 1831. It's a weird thing being somewhere that has no roots to it.

I'm a little surprised at that, in my head (and from watching NFL), I assumed it was all white

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm a little surprised at that, in my head (and from watching NFL), I assumed it was all white
    It probably is in the burbs, but not in the downtown area.