Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Thousands of schoolchildren in the UK are taking part in climate strikes"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Would you mind awfully either paying for a TV licence or ceasing to view or listen to the BBC? There's a good chap.

I mean you wouldn't want us all thinking you're just another freeloading mick parasite, would you?
    There was a (scare) story a while back that we might lose BBC post Brexit which was quite funny.

Because you are so far down the route of detailed planning and preparation that television access is ticked off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There was a (scare) story a while back that we might lose BBC post Brexit which was quite funny.

Because you are so far down the route of detailed planning and preparation that television access is ticked off the list.
    I’m really not sure why we’ve been letting you have it all this time, tbh. The idea that we imprison people over here for not paying for it, but let you lot have it gratis does irk somewhat.

I’m really not sure why we’ve been letting you have it all this time, tbh. The idea that we imprison people over here for not paying for it, but let you lot have it gratis does irk somewhat.
    Do you still have your magic stealy-box on your telly btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you still have your magic stealy-box on your telly btw?
    Absolutely not, a! It stopped working thanks to The Man.
    Besides, that was me waging war against the capitalist running dogs of the entertainment industry rather than stealing bread from the mouths of single mothers, pensioners and simple kiddies like what sw is by not paying the licence fee.

Absolutely not, a! It stopped working thanks to The Man.
    Besides, that was me waging war against the capitalist running dogs of the entertainment industry rather than stealing bread from the mouths of single mothers, pensioners and simple kiddies like what sw is by not paying the licence fee.
    Nobody has asked me to pay the TV Licence fee* so I am not stealing anything from anybody.

It is a curious loophole one admits. I cannot access your iPlayer but I can watch and indeed record all said programmes.

*I may not have ever paid it between 1987-1994 and then again 1998-2002 but what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Nobody has asked me to pay the TV Licence fee* so I am not stealing anything from anybody.

It is a curious loophole one admits. I cannot access your iPlayer but I can watch and indeed record all said programmes.

*I may not have ever paid it between 1987-1994 and then again 1998-2002 but what can you do.
    I have a licence * and can't access the iplayer ** Don't need one for the radio anyhow

*I am registered*** at an address with a licence.
    ** Well I can using a VPN
    ***not registered like that

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I have a licence * and can't access the iplayer ** Don't need one for the radio anyhow

*I am registered*** at an address with a licence.
    ** Well I can using a VPN
    ***not registered like that
    Yes. This is almost certainly because sw and his feckless, bog-bothering compatriots have stolen your BBC, la.

Excellent programming.
    "What do we want?"
    "More taxes"
    "When do we want them?"
    "Now!"
    The current regime is doing everything in it's power to destroy the family unit. Normally we don't see this sort of propaganda until they've reached the Uni system. What we're seeing here is the equivalent of some Liberian warlord arming children to kill for his cause.

No, blame the parents, imo. Fairplay to the kids for taking the opportunity to skive school; perhaps all is not lost after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Has anyone considered administering a good smack round the earhole?

If these little darlings want to protest about 'climate' (?), I wonder why they didn't choose a Saturday?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Would you mind awfully either paying for a TV licence or ceasing to view or listen to the BBC? There's a good chap.

I mean you wouldn't want us all thinking you're just another freeloading mick parasite, would you?
    Don't have a radio license any more, B.

I'm in Paris and can listen to all radio iPlayer.

I think it good that Frogs and Paddies can listen to proper English accents (and with R4 the best radio in the world) for free. We just subsidise it by getting the Eastenders watching plebs to pay up.

Why the problem?