Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I’ve watched us when we were **** in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not really. At that point, I doubt I’ll care much.

Which is rather the point.
    Fair point, it's becoming harder to care by the game. I merely shrugged at the end of last night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Taking us backwards' while...y'know...winning trophies and playing attractive football.
    There are a couple of absurd views routinely trotted out by the anti-Unai whining bitches. First is that the football was attractive under Wenger and is not under Unai. Anyone who watched the endless games of anonymous possession under Wenger the last few seasons and then watched us rip apart Spurs this year would realise how stupid this view is. The second is that Unai has somehow betrayed the traditions of our club by changing the way we play and bringing in new players. Because Wenger certainly never did that, let alone being the first to field a no English players starting 11.

As for going backwards - we used to win the league. Then we challenged for it only occasionally. Last year we finished 37 points behind the league winners and were 7 points closer to relegation than we were to the top of the table.

That sounds like a pretty good definition of going backwards to me.
    Last edited by WES; 02-15-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Fair point, it's becoming harder to care by the game. I merely shrugged at the end of last night's game.
    And if you were to look at the posts on AWIMB over the past few years you would find it filled with long time Arsenal supporters who had stopped caring under Wenger because they knew what they were going to see and they were bored of it.

Are we all still moaning about last night?
    We'll thrash those Belarusians within an inch of their lives next week and all will be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Are we all still moaning about last night?
    We'll thrash those Belarusians within an inch of their lives next week and all will be forgotten
    Yup

Until the next poor result and then all this revisionism will return. Because, as we know, everything was just soooooo wonderful under Wenger last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yup

Until the next poor result and then all this revisionism will return. Because, as we know, everything was just soooooo wonderful under Wenger last year.
    It is possible for things to have been bad both last year and this year.

I can see us winning 2-1 next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Even going through against Battyboy Boris in Europe's premier sh*t club competition is unlikely to elevate the mood much, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I find it difficult to definitively slate any new manager, who has no realistic alternative but to walk around in his predecessors hole filled shoes. He's been beset by bad luck. It's not unreasonable to hope a new manager can get more out of some of his players but in the case of Mustafi, Xhaka, Elneney and several others past their sell by date, you cannot polish a turd.
    For balance, I'd question his choice to not use Ozil or Ramsey. This seems madness in the current situation and could make the difference between finishing inside or outside the top four. We have them as resources, they're being paid large amounts of money to simply train.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I find it difficult to definitively slate any new manager, who has no realistic alternative but to walk around in his predecessors hole filled shoes. He's been beset by bad luck. It's not unreasonable to hope a new manager can get more out of some of his players but in the case of Mustafi, Xhaka, Elneney and several others past their sell by date, you cannot polish a turd.
    For balance, I'd question his choice to not use Ozil or Ramsey. This seems madness in the current situation and could make the difference between finishing inside or outside the top four. We have them as resources, they're being paid large amounts of money to simply train.
    Nothing can be 'hole-filled', 7s. A hole is, by definition, empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Tomorrow if we're lucky but it won't change shît with the Septic in charge.

But AFTV were too thick to see what the real probelm is.

They made this bed. And it's full of shît. So they must lie in it.
    Dude, you need to lay off the coffee or cocaine or whatever stimulant you are enjoying as you sound like an absolute fúcking cretin which I am 100% sure you are not.

Calling for a manager to be sacked when any person with any basic knowledge of football, and of Arsenal, knows he has a rebuilding job of this and in all likelihood next season ahead of him.

Last night was pish but we will go through next week, there is absolutely no doubt of that.

Just calm the fúck down please.