Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I’ve watched us when we were **** in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Fair point, it's becoming harder to care by the game. I merely shrugged at the end of last night's game.
    Exactly.Normally, 1-0 down with 2-3 mins to go plus injury time and I'm shouting for an equalizer.

Last night I was thinking "it would be a bit unfair if we nicked one now. These lads (the home fans) deserve an historic victory. Goof luck to them."

The fact that for the first 60 mins, Hleb was the most creative player on the pitch might have had something to do with less than full support for the Arsenal cause.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    There are a couple of absurd views routinely trotted out by the anti-Unai whining bitches. First is that the football was attractive under Wenger and is not under Unai. Anyone who watched the endless games of anonymous possession under Wenger the last few seasons and then watched us rip apart Spurs this year would realise how stupid this view is. The second is that Unai has somehow betrayed the traditions of our club by changing the way we play and bringing in new players. Because Wenger certainly never did that, let alone being the first to field a no English players starting 11.

As for going backwards - we used to win the league. Then we challenged for it only occasionally. Last year we finished 37 points behind the league winners and were 7 points closer to relegation than we were to the top of the table.

That sounds like a pretty good definition of going backwards to me.
    The team I grew up with were full of Paddies. And they're a lot more foreign than the French are. I mean, I can get a train to Paris in 2hrs. Trying getting to Dublin or Belfast.

And I like foreigners better than northerners, so all in all, jobs a good'un.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Dude, you need to lay off the coffee or cocaine or whatever stimulant you are enjoying as you sound like an absolute fúcking cretin which I am 100% sure you are not.

Calling for a manager to be sacked when any person with any basic knowledge of football, and of Arsenal, knows he has a rebuilding job of this and in all likelihood next season ahead of him.

Last night was pish but we will go through next week, there is absolutely no doubt of that.

Just calm the fúck down please.
    Look. I just don't like him.

Remember that goal against some Ruskies last year, where Ozil chipped it over the top perfectly picking out Rambo's run who then jumped on the turn and lifted the ball over the advancing 'keeper with the outside of his boot?

That's why I hate him.

Ozil and Rambo made me happy, even if we lost. Because I know they can do things like that fairly regularly.

Both have had some stunningly creative performances this season, but Dick doesn't like that so drops them.

Sorry, mate. Not for me.

I know I'm being hypocritical because I always hate people turning on new signings. {I sung Bendtner and Gervinho's praises for ages in the hope that they'd come good which shows how little I know about the game.}

But in the Ozil/Rambo vs Dick war, I know which side I'm on.

And as he's clearly never going to be given the investment he'd need to rebuild the squad in his own image to a title contending level, it's just gonna be this shît forever.

It's like splitting up from your stunning girlfriend of 20 years and realising the only birds you can get are mingers from the web.

Yet before, in your eyes at least, your 20 year girlfriend was always as beautiful as she looked when you first got together and fell in love.

Maybe I'll get over it, but I reckon it's gonna take me a few more managers first.

{Btw, just realised that I had my first fling with my beloved around the time AW arrived. Maybe a month, at most two, either way.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Remember that goal against some Ruskies last year, where Ozil chipped it over the top perfectly picking out Rambo's run who then jumped on the turn and lifted the ball over the advancing 'keeper with the outside of his boot?

That's why I hate him.

Ozil and Rambo made me happy, even if we lost. Because I know they can do things like that fairly regularly.

Both have had some stunningly creative performances this season, but Dick doesn't like that so drops them.

Sorry, mate. Not for me.

I know I'm being hypocritical because I always hate people turning on new signings. {I sung Bendtner and Gervinho's praises for ages in the hope that they'd come good which shows how little I know about the game.}

And as he's clearly never going to be given the investment he'd need to rebuild the squad in his own image to a title contending level, it's just gonna be this shît forever.

It's like splitting up from your stunning girlfriend of 20 years and realising the only birds you can get are mingers from the web.

Yet before, in your eyes at least, your 20 year girlfriend was always as beautiful as she looked when you first got together and fell in love.

Maybe I'll get over it, but I reckon it's gonna take me a few more managers first.

{Btw, just realised that I had my first fling with my beloved around the time AW arrived. Maybe a month, at most two, either way.}
    There is sense here. Sense aplenty. I'd only argue with you turning your nose up ast mingers from the web.

There's nothing wrong with a minger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

That's why I hate him.

Sorry, mate. Not for me.

I have never been in the situation where I have had to make do with mingers, internet sourced or otherwise, so that part of your analogy is weak with me.

The Ozil/Ramsey issue is a shítfest, I doubt there is a sane Arsenal supporter that would argue otherwise.

Ozil is on his way out of the club and that I suspect is UE's call as manager and you know what we should back him - none of us really know what is happening yet are quick to simply decide it is the fault of one person in the relationship.

There is a lot of misty eyed nostalgia about the lad who is a marvellous footballer but a player who has been utterly bóllocks and anonymous as frequently in matches as he has been mercurial and game changing. I read last evening that he has missed 100 games for one reason or another in his AFC career. The issue is simply not UE.

Ramsey I suspect the contract decision is not that of UE but the new hierarchy structure which exists in the club. If he was asking for such an outrageous figure, which on top of 300k for Ozil and then then inevitable rush of other players seeking parity then the club was correct to remove the deal.

The major issue with AR is his being sold for free. Not the fault of UE and if anything the fault of the previous administration.

And yet again Ramsey is a player around whom an enormouse sense of MEN exists as throughout his entire career people, Arsenal people, were queuing up to verbally bash the lad.

Bit of decorum is needed. See the season out, huge job in the summer (fúcking huge) during which the club must support Emery financially and footballistically.

To be so hugely critical at this juncture is the actions of an idiot. Sorry.

And I am quite shocked at some of the others involved in this debate, people quick enough to criticise others who may speak out of turn on occasion. The hypocrisy shocks me.

p.s. you can get to Dublin in 50 minutes from London. You do know where Ireland is?

I have never been in the situation where I have had to make do with mingers, internet sourced or otherwise, so that part of your analogy is weak with me.

The Ozil/Ramsey issue is a shítfest, I doubt there is a sane Arsenal supporter that would argue otherwise.

Ozil is on his way out of the club and that I suspect is UE's call as manager and you know what we should back him - none of us really know what is happening yet are quick to simply decide it is the fault of one person in the relationship.

There is a lot of misty eyed nostalgia about the lad who is a marvellous footballer but a player who has been utterly bóllocks and anonymous as frequently in matches as he has been mercurial and game changing. I read last evening that he has missed 100 games for one reason or another in his AFC career. The issue is simply not UE.

Ramsey I suspect the contract decision is not that of UE but the new hierarchy structure which exists in the club. If he was asking for such an outrageous figure, which on top of 300k for Ozil and then then inevitable rush of other players seeking parity then the club was correct to remove the deal.

The major issue with AR is his being sold for free. Not the fault of UE and if anything the fault of the previous administration.

And yet again Ramsey is a player around whom an enormouse sense of MEN exists as throughout his entire career people, Arsenal people, were queuing up to verbally bash the lad.

Bit of decorum is needed. See the season out, huge job in the summer (fúcking huge) during which the club must support Emery financially and footballistically.

To be so hugely critical at this juncture is the actions of an idiot. Sorry.

And I am quite shocked at some of the others involved in this debate, people quick enough to criticise others who may speak out of turn on occasion. The hypocrisy shocks me.

p.s. you can get to Dublin in 50 minutes from London. You do know where Ireland is?
    I know Rambo's leaving. I know the club wants Ozil out coz Dick wants width, not a no.10.

Fine.

But they should both be playing for the rest of the season. This is my problem.

We've lacked creativity for the last 3 months, but he persists with the likes of Xhaka and Gwendo in MF doing nothing with Ozil and Rambo on the bench or not even in the squad.

That is the point. I'd have made the best of Ozil and Rambo now and then rebuilt in the summer. Maybe we'd have more wins. But even if not, I bet we'd have some sexier goals and I'd be happy.

Of course I know where Ireland is. It's after Wales. Which means you can't get a train there.

And even if your navvies had knocked up a tunnel I hadn't heard about in the month I've been away, it would still take a lot longer to get to Dublin than the 2hrs or so to Paris.

Last night was pish but we will go through next week, there is absolutely no doubt of that.
    Let us hope so.

We will need to either keep a clean sheet or score three goals. None of which is certain imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’m an Arsenal fan. How could I enjoy us losing?

I was under the impression that you want Emery out and Wenger back in?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I was under the impression that you want Emery out and Wenger back in?
    Lord no. I object to our depress8ng lack of style or identity. I object to the disrespect with which Wenger was treated. Beyond that, I make no judgment.

Yes, if only we'd had an identity before Wenger arrived. My word!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lord no. I object to our depress8ng lack of style or identity. I object to the disrespect with which Wenger was treated. Beyond that, I make no judgment.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."