Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I’ve watched us when we were **** in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, if only we'd had an identity before Wenger arrived. My word!
    One nil to the Arsenal ? For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So the three cups we won in 2014, 2015 and 2017 was us 'going backwards', was it? By what measure, exactly?
    "Going backwards" is perhaps a little strong. "Not going forwards" maybe?

After all, I don't imagine we built the Emirates and signed superstars from Real Madrid and Barcelona in order to win a few more FA Cups, did we.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, but even Wenger himself would've been wanting more, I suspect.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I know. Completely non-descript club. No history, no sense of tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    One nil to the Arsenal ? For shame.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Let us hope so.

We will need to either keep a clean sheet or score three goals. None of which is certain imo.
    There should be no doubt we are going through, but there is. This would be our biggest European failing for decades. Fingers crossed it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    There should be no doubt we are going through, but there is. This would be our biggest European failing for decades. Fingers crossed it isn't.
    Considering how close we came to throwing it away against a team of Swedish part timers last year, nothing is certain...
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar