Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I’ve watched us when we were **** in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    the 80s and the 90s. This is a whole different level of ****. This is soulless, heartless, infertile ****. This is sub-Mourinho ****. Only ****s like Wes and Robson are happy to see us fall this far.
    stop your whining, sc. These things happen...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Bunch of moaing tossers on here.

Last season we were absolutely rubbish away from home for the last 6 months of the season.

People on here slagging him off after 6 months in the job while AW was taking the club backwards for a number of years. Give him time and judge him more at the end of next season.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    the 80s and the 90s. This is a whole different level of ****. This is soulless, heartless, infertile ****. This is sub-Mourinho ****. Only ****s like Wes and Robson are happy to see us fall this far.
    Spot on. Would not pay to watch this shower of ****e

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bunch of moaing tossers on here.

Last season we were absolutely rubbish away from home for the last 6 months of the season.

People on here slagging him off after 6 months in the job while AW was taking the club backwards for a number of years. Give him time and judge him more at the end of next season.
    'Taking us backwards' while...y'know...winning trophies and playing attractive football.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Taking us backwards' while...y'know...winning trophies and playing attractive football.
    I do think he probably needed a break but he's had that, bring him back immediately

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do think he probably needed a break but he's had that, bring him back immediately
    He needs to ride to the rescue with his lovely kind smile, sweep the place clean of this snaggle-toothed, oleaginous Iberian dullard and his equally clueless hangers-on and resume his rightful place at the helm of the club as manager for life until he dies in 40 years or so.

Two things

The one rumour which I think is quite believable is that Arsene’s plan was to ride off into the sunset after the Cup Final win vs Chelsea.

But Ivan had his own plans and ‘persuaded’ him to sign a 2 year extension.

He then brought in Raul and Sven, sacked Arsene, got Unai and then ran off to Meelan he’s just as culpable for all of this imo

My guess is Arsene new the FA Cup was the furthest he could take the team without investment but took a bullet for the club he lives so much...albeit a £10m bullet with a £17m payoff at the end.

Then there’s Allegri and Luis Enrique who turned down the job because they were getting Van Perdue style lack of investment assurances.

Poor Unai got it because he was willing to work with the current group to make them better.

Said in the summer that I felt as admirable as that was he was likely to find people like Mustafi and Xhaka complete dog sh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So from 2005 to 2018 he won 3 trophys, last season we hardly won away from home and finished 6th. So in 6 months we have a better away record, we are currently 1 point off the top 4 and still in the EL.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

So from 2005 to 2018 he won 3 trophys, last season we hardly won away from home and finished 6th. So in 6 months we have a better away record, we are currently 1 point off the top 4 and still in the EL.
    :sigh: Between 2005 and 2018 he won us 3 trophies whilst keeping us in the Champions League every year dispite having to sell our best players to balance the books.

But you know that. Your failure to acknowledge it is sheer mendacity.

So the three cups we won in 2014, 2015 and 2017 was us 'going backwards', was it? By what measure, exactly?