Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There should be a word for That Moment when you realise

Blondie always liked a cover version. "Hangin' on the Telephone" was another one, and "The Tide is High", of course.

Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have fun" was my own version of your cover surprise; originally written and performed by some chap, no less. NTTAWWI

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    that the version of the song you always knew was in fact a cover.

Just heard 'Denise' by Randy and the Rainbows. After forty-odd years of thinking that Blondie had written it. Though it does explain why they never wrote a tune as good as that one.

Nearest feeling to that recently was hearing the Beach Boys version of that surf track on Pulp Fiction.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

They at least ought to play The Jam's "Move On Up" on the final whistle at the Arsenal.

Or even "Stoned Out of My Mind", I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Weller's version being widely accepted as the ultimate version.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Pretenders are well known for their Kinks' cover 'Stop Your Sobbing' but I think it is less well known that Ray Davies also wrote 'I go to Sleep', although the Kinks never recorded it (Ray did a demo).

Probably not news that Ray was, as I gather they say in the vulgar vernacular, hanging out the back of Chrissie for a while but then according to Steve Jones' book quite a lot of chaps were.

The Pretenders are well known for their Kinks' cover 'Stop Your Sobbing' but I think it is less well known that Ray Davies also wrote 'I go to Sleep', although the Kinks never recorded it (Ray did a demo).

Probably not news that Ray was, as I gather they say in the vulgar vernacular, hanging out the back of Chrissie for a while but then according to Steve Jones' book quite a lot of chaps were.
    Shocked at you stooping to this level A.

Leave such dirty talk to Herbs.

I'll cut your lying tongue out you slanderous cur. Chrissie Hynde is one of the finest songtresses to grace contemporary culture and may well have had a relationship with Ray Davis but would have been very particular who she allowed near her preposterously unkempt and free growing growler piece (imagine how it must have ripened on those leathers a).

Always thought Ray Davis was a bit of a knob truth to tell and hardly a prodigious source of music eh? - bit of a hit now and then but nothing truly world class.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'll cut your lying tongue out you slanderous cur. Chrissie Hynde is one of the finest songtresses to grace contemporary culture and may well have had a relationship with Ray Davis but would have been very particular who she allowed near her preposterously unkempt and free growing growler piece (imagine how it must have ripened on those leathers a).

Always thought Ray Davis was a bit of a knob truth to tell and hardly a prodigious source of music eh? - bit of a hit now and then but nothing truly world class.
    This is nonsense. Ray wrote not only a extraordinary number, but in a great variety of styles, of absolute belters. He also (#whispering) wrote about more interesting subjects than John and Paul. A genuine world class songsmith.

And do read Jonesey's book for some low-down about his old phuck-buddy, Chrissie. She was a 'good sport', it seems.

This is nonsense. Ray wrote not only a extraordinary number, but in a great variety of styles, of absolute belters. He also (#whispering) wrote about more interesting subjects than John and Paul. A genuine world class songsmith.

And do read Jonesey's book for some low-down about his old phuck-buddy, Chrissie. She was a 'good sport', it seems.
    More interesting than The Frog Chorus? More interesting than "Lum ....dum ..dump ...BUYEE-UP!!"

I'll concede that looking back they did a lot more than I remember but more interesting than the Fabs? For" Waterloo Sunset"" I'll raise you "Strawberry Fields"; for "Lola" I'll raise you "Get Back" and For "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" I'll raise you "Yellow Submarine"

Everything I saw Davis do post Kinks was never quite convincing. Seem to recall some kind of modern Opera attempt circa 75? - stunk the farkin house out it did

And what if Chrissie did like a bit of the old cock? So did Joni Mitchell and Grace Slick and I hear Melanie Safka liked a portion too. These woman and many others like them were massive talents and entitled to behave like the demi-gods they were?

Quite the harem ..

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    More interesting than The Frog Chorus? More interesting than "Lum ....dum ..dump ...BUYEE-UP!!"

I'll concede that looking back they did a lot more than I remember but more interesting than the Fabs? For" Waterloo Sunset"" I'll raise you "Strawberry Fields"; for "Lola" I'll raise you "Get Back" and For "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" I'll raise you "Yellow Submarine"

Everything I saw Davis do post Kinks was never quite convincing. Seem to recall some kind of modern Opera attempt circa 75? - stunk the farkin house out it did

And what if Chrissie did like a bit of the old cock? So did Joni Mitchell and Grace Slick and I hear Melanie Safka liked a portion too. These woman and many others like them were massive talents and entitled to behave like the demi-gods they were?