Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
This is nonsense. Ray wrote not only a extraordinary number, but in a great variety of styles, of absolute belters. He also (#whispering) wrote about more interesting subjects than John and Paul. A genuine world class songsmith.

And do read Jonesey's book for some low-down about his old phuck-buddy, Chrissie. She was a 'good sport', it seems.
More interesting than The Frog Chorus? More interesting than "Lum ....dum ..dump ...BUYEE-UP!!"

I'll concede that looking back they did a lot more than I remember but more interesting than the Fabs? For" Waterloo Sunset"" I'll raise you "Strawberry Fields"; for "Lola" I'll raise you "Get Back" and For "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" I'll raise you "Yellow Submarine"

Everything I saw Davis do post Kinks was never quite convincing. Seem to recall some kind of modern Opera attempt circa 75? - stunk the farkin house out it did

And what if Chrissie did like a bit of the old cock? So did Joni Mitchell and Grace Slick and I hear Melanie Safka liked a portion too. These woman and many others like them were massive talents and entitled to behave like the demi-gods they were?