Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: There should be a word for That Moment when you realise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    that the version of the song you always knew was in fact a cover.

Just heard 'Denise' by Randy and the Rainbows. After forty-odd years of thinking that Blondie had written it. Though it does explain why they never wrote a tune as good as that one.

Nearest feeling to that recently was hearing the Beach Boys version of that surf track on Pulp Fiction.
    All along the Watchtower being Dylan not Hendrix is always good for winning a bet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    All along the Watchtower being Dylan not Hendrix is always good for winning a bet too.
    Weller's version being widely accepted as the ultimate version.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Widely accepted among Weller fetishists s. The cognoscenti (me) recognise Dylan's live version as the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Widely accepted among Weller fetishists s. The cognoscenti (me) recognise Dylan's live version as the best.
    I think it is accepted Awimb protocol that one cannot have a Dylan based discussion without Peter here to tell us we are all wrong.

I think it is accepted Awimb protocol that one cannot have a Dylan based discussion without Peter here to tell us we are all wrong.
    Quite so, quite so. His maniacally insane ex partner has murdered him you know. I sense it

They at least ought to play The Jam's "Move On Up" on the final whistle at the Arsenal.

Or even "Stoned Out of My Mind", I suppose

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."