Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no more A380's then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're being quite literal there, sw. Language has nuance, you know.

Surely anyone with an interest in aviation might feel a pang of regret at the passing of something as beautiful as, for example, the VC10? I appreciate that you have no such interest and consider anyone who fails to think identically to you as somehow wrong or inferior, but somewhere inside you must be able to acknowldege such a possibility? No?
    Two things.

I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is, I assume a big plane and secondly the statement above is possibly the most inaccurate thing you have ever said on here.

I think of no person as inferior to me, never have.

I simply fail to grasp how a person may mourn the loss of a plane, or a car as another example - even when one has an interest in said things.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Two things.

I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is, I assume a big plane and secondly the statement above is possibly the most inaccurate thing you have ever said on here.

I simply fail to grasp how a person may mourn the loss of a plane, or a car as another example - even when one has an interest in said things.
    The fault here would appear to lie with your lack of imagination, I'm afraid.

I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is,
    Clash, innit. "I'm flying in on a DC10 tonight"

Oh, that's DC10.

I expect they all piss in the same pot tbh.

Two things.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the swivel eyed old brexopath here s. The VC10, four big fúck off engines ON THE TAIL made it somehow majestic looking. A sort E-Type of jet planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm afraid I have to agree with the swivel eyed old brexopath here s. The VC10, four big fúck off engines ON THE TAIL made it somehow majestic looking. A sort E-Type of jet planes.

You see to me a plane is something you step onto (or into), take your seat, maybe have a beer, get off an hour or a couple of hours later. I could not give two fúcks how many engines it has hanging out the back.

A functional piece of machinery, albeit a magnificent feat of engineering, that serves a purpose.

Kind of like a car, but without the boot space for the big shop.