Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monty’s top Valentine’s Day tip for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, no, I didn't. I've been in Murica. Why was he suggesting we ought not to wipe out the feral, subhuman filth, then?
    He didn't really have a reason beyond "We're not all scum".

As I said, not very convincing.

I didn't actually realise the Romani were Indian in origin. Am I dumb?

That bit is essential; it's a very pointed and public display of your devotion to whichever particular dolly it happens to be. Equally, she will return the gesture in kind by carrying them proudly home for everyone around to see. So much as to say, He loves me and I love him.

Either that or she'll bin them immediately upon receipt, depending on the circs.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I passed two chaps this morning as I walked down Leeson Street into town and both were carrying roses.

Given the approximate time of 8:40 I assume they were on their way to work.

Odd I thought. Who gives flowers to a chick in the office.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He didn't really have a reason beyond "We're not all scum".

As I said, not very convincing.

I didn't actually realise the Romani were Indian in origin. Am I dumb?
    I’m pretty sure that’s just one explanation of their origins.
    And no, they’ll have to do better than ‘we’re not all scum’. They haven’t even got a decent food culture going for them. It’s just dancing, fortune tellers/cursers, boxing, horse torture and habitual criminality.

Can't believe you left out "coursing".

And no, they’ll have to do better than ‘we’re not all scum’. They haven’t even got a decent food culture going for them. It’s just dancing, fortune tellers/cursers, boxing, horse torture and habitual criminality.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I think the genetic heritage of yer Romani types is pretty well understood. It's the Irish pykies that are the real mystery.

I think the genetic heritage of yer Romani types is pretty well understood. It's the Irish pykies that are the real mystery.
    They all píss in the same pot, m

Nothing wrong with Valentine's Day provided a chap sees it for what it is; a good excuse to enjoy a fine bottle of champagne and some excellent chocolates. Nothing wrong with that.

As long as you don't fall for the ridiculously expensive flowers or pointless card nonsense all is good.

In my case it shall be Laurent Perrier Rose, Charbonnet and Walker truffles (probably salted caramel) and dinner at my local, which does good food.

wd V day imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nothing wrong with Valentine's Day provided a chap sees it for what it is; a good excuse to enjoy a fine bottle of champagne and some excellent chocolates. Nothing wrong with that.

As long as you don't fall for the ridiculously expensive flowers or pointless card nonsense all is good.

In my case it shall be Laurent Perrier Rose, Charbonnet and Walker truffles (probably salted caramel) and dinner at my local, which does good food.

wd V day imo.
    I'm taking the missus up the Farang tomorrow night, which happens to be just down the road from the Emirates, so I can take her up the Farang and the Arsenal on the same night

It's almost certainly this kind of razor sharp wit that first attracted her to me

... on the same night
    are you applauding your own 'gags' there, m?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That bit is essential; it's a very pointed and public display of your devotion to whichever particular dolly it happens to be. Equally, she will return the gesture in kind by carrying them proudly home for everyone around to see. So much as to say, He loves me and I love him.

Either that or she'll bin them immediately upon receipt, depending on the circs.
    I have always worked on the theory that if a chap is banging a chick at work then it is on the QT and parading into work with 10 roses is singly not the done thing.

If it is a publicly known coupling then surely best to present them to her later in a more private and dare I say intimate surrounding.