Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've only just realised how MASSIVELY overrated that Banks save from Pele was

I've only just realised how MASSIVELY overrated that Banks save from Pele was

If you watch it, the ball bounces up from the ground and arrives on the goal line at a very comfortable height for him to claw it away.

It only caught the attention because on first glance it looked like he miraculously scooped it up from the ground and over the bar, but he could just as well have palmed it to the side which would have been equally effective but not as eye-catching.

It would actually have been a massive clanger had he let it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If you watch it, the ball bounces up from the ground and arrives on the goal line at a very comfortable height for him to claw it away.

It only caught the attention because on first glance it looked like he miraculously scooped it up from the ground and over the bar, but he could just as well have palmed it to the side which would have been equally effective but not as eye-catching.

I've only just realised what a massive cock you are... oh hold on, no I haven't...

You do talk ****e
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I've only just realised what a massive cock you are... oh hold on, no I haven't...

You do talk ****e
    You seem nice

I think he said himself that the bounce put the ball at a reachable height.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think he said himself that the bounce put the ball at a reachable height.
    The Seaman one from Peschisolido was better

I always thought that was overrated. He just reached behind himself a bit

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and scooped the ball out.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    and scooped the ball out.
    this won beats both imo

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Surely the remarkable thing about it is the way he was able to scoop it up and away and rather than just parry it?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Was that the one he scooped once it had actually gone past him in the cup semi?

That was my fave I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Was that the one he scooped once it had actually gone past him in the cup semi?

That was my fave I can remember.
    That's the one, also like it even more since I realised that it's my brother-in-law who misses the follow up