Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've only just realised how MASSIVELY overrated that Banks save from Pele was

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That's the one, also like it even more since I realised that it's my brother-in-law who misses the follow up
    Are you serious?

I'll shall have to look. I don't even remember the follow up, I think my mind was still trying to compute how a ball that had pased the keeper hadn't gone into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That's the one, also like it even more since I realised that it's my brother-in-law who misses the follow up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTBkWRs7r-c

So who is this brother in law no.11 who lashes it high and wide.

I don't mean any ill towards the national hero who died today but I do think Spunky's save is better. Though he only saved from a Moose-fücker. Banks saved from Pele.

But dear God, we were so lucky to have Spunky for all that time, weren't we?

We also had a manager who could spot a decent German keeper when we needed to replace an all time legend. :cough:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I don't mean any ill towards the national hero who died today but I do think Spunky's save is better. Though he only saved from a Moose-fücker. Banks saved from Pele.

We also had a manager who could spot a decent German keeper when we needed to replace an all time legend. :cough:
    Almunia , Fabianski...cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Phil Jagielka. PSRB is married to his sister (Phil Jagielka’s - not his own).

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Phil Jagielka. PSRB is married to his sister (Phil Jagielka’s - not his own).
    Thank you.

Didn't he become famous? {Sorry, not very good on footballers unless they played for us.}

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely the remarkable thing about it is the way he was able to scoop it up and away and rather than just parry it?
    amd the footwork to get across his line to be in position to save it at the "comfortable height". Probably all a bit to subtle for Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    amd the footwork to get across his line to be in position to save it at the "comfortable height". Probably all a bit to subtle for Monty
    Are you intimating that I should perhaps consider seeking a new leisure time pursuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Are you intimating that I should perhaps consider seeking a new leisure time pursuit?
    Would I ever do that m? Did you see Arsene last night on the telly

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would I ever do that m? Did you see Arsene last night on the telly
    Arsene was on the telly? What did he say, la?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Arsene was on the telly? What did he say, la?
    See for yourself https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/...02366659866624

Sorry for the John Cross link - it was the first I could find