Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I've only just realised how MASSIVELY overrated that Banks save from Pele was

You sound like my estate agent

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Long yards you're using there, my friend.

He lives in a small mansion at one end, three doors down from the heath. You live half a mile away at the other end, in a crumbling block of flats on the dual carriageway A1 in East Finchley.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You sound like my estate agent
    Yes, I thought you were supposed be happily lodged in Margate by now and banging your landlady, in a JMW Turner stylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Less sand
    Fewer grains of sand

It’s really not difficult, sw

Less pedantry.

Fewer pedantic posts, and so on.

Yes, I thought you were supposed be happily lodged in Margate by now and banging your landlady, in a JMW Turner stylee.
    Yes, but thanks to Brexit-voting swivel eyed xylophones like you, the housing market has stalled, and despite our illustrious neighbours, no c*nt wants to buy our flat.

So I hope your petty little protest vote was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, but thanks to Brexit-voting swivel eyed xylophones like you, the housing market has stalled, and despite our illustrious neighbours, no c*nt wants to buy our flat.

So I hope your petty little protest vote was worth it
    Of course a downwards adjustment is long overdue. If everybody just recognised the reality and put the feckin prices down then things would get moving again.

Another one of Thatcher's great achievements. To engender a massive collective

Of course a downwards adjustment is long overdue. If everybody just recognised the reality and put the feckin prices down then things would get moving again.
    delusion about property value that has the likes of Monty feeling puzzled that no-one is willing to pay a fortune for his squalid basement flat in Willesden.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Another one of Thatcher's great achievements. To engender a massive collective delusion about property value that has the likes of Monty feeling puzzled that no-one is willing to pay a fortune for his squalid basement flat in Willesden.
    It is constantly trumpeted that ever rising property prices are a good thing, generally by the property-portfolio-owning classes who dominate the news agenda. Why unnafordable housing should be such a grand idea is lost on such people. Frankly I could do with a little bit of a crash if I am to afford something with a bit more space.

It is constantly trumpeted that ever rising property prices are a good thing, generally by the property-portfolio-owning classes who dominate the news agenda. Why unnafordable housing should be such a grand idea is lost on such people. Frankly I could do with a little bit of a crash if I am to afford something with a bit more space.
    And imagine if either side of the political spectrum made good on the oft repeated mantra of building a million affordable houses, the bottom two rungs at least of the property ladder would be decimated and Monty will be stuck in his bedsit forever.

I completely agree - as long as it does's effect Highgate Village and its surrounds