Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: I've taken to writing business emails in a formal,

  1. #1

    I've taken to writing business emails in a formal,

    almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

    "We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

    No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

    "We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

    No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.
    though the one I received off you was somewhat sullied by you using "Hiya" as the salutation.
    ďOther clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.Ē

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

    "We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

    No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.
    I find I do this with lawyers and accountants, but no-one else.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    though the one I received off you was somewhat sullied by you using "Hiya" as the salutation.
    And that killer first line: "Hope your well."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I find I do this with lawyers and accountants, but no-one else.
    Aren't you supposed to be in Yanquiland? Which bit are you going to?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be in Yanquiland? Which bit are you going to?
    Iím here. Itís Dallas. Iíve just had breakfast. Couldnít face the grits.

    Itís fýcking cold here and I went to the Texas Book Suppository yesterday.
    BÚllocks was Oswald the only shooter imo. Going there has convinced me.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Iím here. Itís Dallas. Iíve just had breakfast. Couldnít face the grits.

    Itís fýcking cold here and I went to the Texas Book Suppository yesterday.
    BÚllocks was Oswald the only shooter imo. Going there has convinced me.
    I thopught it was hot in Texas? Bloody Americans can't make their minds up.

    Here's the thing about the killing of JFK which it has taken me a whole lifetime to realise: I don't give a fķck who shot him. IT'S NOT MY BEEF!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I thopught it was hot in Texas? Bloody Americans can't make their minds up.

    Here's the thing about the killing of JFK which it has taken me a whole lifetime to realise: I don't give a fķck who shot him. IT'S NOT MY BEEF!
    Nor mine, really. Never given much of a toss either way. But seeing where his position was supposed to have been, it just didnít make any sense. Why would he choose to take incredibly difficult shots at a target driving away from him while having to lean awkwardly out of a window rather than simply take the much easier, front-on shot as the car was heading up Houston before it had made the left turn onto Elm? Doesnít make any sense.
    And thatís before we get into just how good a shot heíd have had to have been to hit Kennedy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nor mine, really. Never given much of a toss either way. But seeing where his position was supposed to have been, it just didnít make any sense. Why would he choose to take incredibly difficult shots at a target driving away from him while having to lean awkwardly out of a window rather than simply take the much easier, front-on shot as the car was heading up Houston before it had made the left turn onto Elm? Doesnít make any sense.
    And thatís before we get into just how good a shot heíd have had to have been to hit Kennedy.
    In short, it's a conspirass?

    I heard the queen did it, but she was in lizard form at the time, it was all to do with faking the moon landings and Elvis shooting Paul McCartney on the steps of his apartment building in New York that time.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

    "We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

    No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.
    I'm ghost-writing a email from someone to Kobe Bryant*. Is this the sort of language one should use these days?



    *B's in America - he can explain who Kobe Bryant is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •