Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: France has withdrawn its ambassador to Italy due to being bantered off with shít...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It just seemed a strange (predicatble?) episode to mention, given the proud, unmatched history of the British military. From Agincourt to Tumbledown, we have consistently triumphed when we had no right to, which was my original point. Countering that with Dunkirk or Singapore or Hill 235 looks suspiciously like an attempt to do this reputation down, which, as I said, would be the leftist knee-jerk to which I objected.
    WTF?

Are you talking about the Glorious Glosters?

They heroically sacrificed the entire rgt to hold up a whole division of chinks. One of our most glorious battles.

Is all cos Septics don't speak English that they died, anyway.

When the Septic commander phoned to ask if the Glosters were ok, the Col said "er, things are getting a little sticky."

The Septic didn't undertstand that means the shît's hit the fan.

Silly Septic cünts. They're the real enemy. Learn to speak English properly on invent your fücking own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, perhaps Arnhem, where the troops of the 10th SS Panzer division subsequently declared that the Rote Teufelen of 1 Para were the hardest troops they had encountered and the fighting more fierce than anything they had seen on the Eastern Front?

Gallipoli was fought by foreigners, so doesn't count.

At Hastings, Alfred's army had just fought a battle and then marched all the way from Stamford Bridge. Probably West Ham fans? Who can say. But anyway, we need not concern ourselves with such ancient history.

Chatham was a sneaky surprise attack by cheating Dutchmen.
    No. There were more untrained Brits than Convicts.

If we'd have had another brigade of Gukhas - "Send me more Indians", said the CinC - we'd have actually won Gallipolli and knocked the Turks out of the war.

Once the Indians had taken the vital high ground at the start, had re-inforcements arrived, we'd have won.

Instead, the untrained Brit brigade sent to re-inforce got lost cos they couldn't read a map and that was that.

Gallipolli, almost won by highly trained Indians, lost by untrained, semi-literate, probably northern, Britishers and Convicts. Fact.

Read Corrigan or Morton-Jack if you don't believe me.

And if the Lib govt/UKMoD given in to Haig's request when in India in charge of the army there c.1909 to prepare to use the Indian army in full in Flanders, we'd have won quicker.

But, like most politicians, they penny pinched, and wouldn't pay for Haig's secret Indian force.

See what Haig says about the Indians.

He was in charge of them in their own land for a couple of years and wanted to turn them into a secret army to smash the Hun as soon as it kicked off. But was banned by London.

Scum.

As usual, those who've been to India are right and those that haven't are wrong. Like supporting Sperz.

Btw, I'm in that very small cross section venn diagram flefties who love Douggie Haig.