Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: France has withdrawn its ambassador to Italy due to being bantered off with shít...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

France has withdrawn its ambassador to Italy due to being bantered off with shít...

...housery.

Truly. This is not a joke. I mean it's very funny, but it's not a joke.

Fair play to the eyeties imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ...housery.

Truly. This is not a joke. I mean it's very funny, but it's not a joke.

Fair play to the eyeties imo.
    Imagine if they had a war. Who would surrender first?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Slightly harsh on the ghosts of Verdun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Slightly harsh on the ghosts of Verdun imo.
    One might suggest that it was the experience of Verdun which prompted the French military to choose early surrender over the mincing machine that is holding one's ground in a steadfast, British fashion.

One might suggest that it was the experience of Verdun which prompted the French military to choose early surrender over the mincing machine that is holding one's ground in a steadfast, British fashion.
    Indeed. A little easier, of course, to stand firm with 26 miles of water between you and the opponent after he has already let you run away.

Indeed. A little easier, of course, to stand firm with 26 miles of water between you and the opponent after he has already let you run away.
    Have you been reading a book about British military history authored by Owen Jones? Top tip: there are plenty of respected historians who can educate you with, y’know, facts.

John McCririck, Ross Kemp, Jimmy Savile, Eddie Izzard, Gary Lineker, Kenneth Williams, Clare Balding your boys took one hell of a beating.

You mean the way we almost legged it after Gough's 5th army was smashed at the start of the Spring Offensive and it was only the Fr re-inforcements and Foch being put in over-all command that saved the Amiens rail-head and prevented a breech between the armies?

Some of us have studied this post-grad, mate. I can send you an essay if you want. Got a goodish A, obv.

ffs, Joan of Arc - a teenage peasant bint in the middle ages - made our army surrender (effectively) in 2 years after we'd been at war for 90+ years.

If it weren't for Joffre at the Marne, you and I would be speaking French.

Did they surrender at Verdun? Did they ****. Il ne passerent pas. They did that all one their own, while simultaenously giving us some divisions for the Somme and bailing the wops out on the Italian Front.

And if the French hadn't suicidally sacfriced themselves on the approaches to Dunkirk, and then still taken over when our rear-guard left for the beach, we'd have lost the entire BEF and the 90k French soldiers we escaped with (who fought heroically for us thereafter.)

I've been in France for a month so am not really up for this drivel.

And don't ever slag off the Indian army or I'll have to remind you about every single time a Gurkha, Sikh, Pathan, Baluchi or Gurwhali saved your sorry gora arses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    ffs, Joan of Arc - a teenage peasant bint in the middle ages - made our army surrender (effectively) in 2 years after we'd been at war for 90+ years.

If it weren't for Joffre at the Marne, you and I would be speaking French.

Did they surrender at Verdun? Did they ****. Il ne passerent pas. They did that all one their own, while simultaenously giving us some divisions for the Somme and bailing the wops out on the Italian Front.

And if the French hadn't suicidally sacfriced themselves on the approaches to Dunkirk, and then still taken over when our rear-guard left for the beach, we'd have lost the entire BEF and the 90k French soldiers we escaped with (who fought heroically for us thereafter.)

I've been in France for a month so am not really up for this drivel.

And don't ever slag off the Indian army or I'll have to remind you about every single time a Gurkha, Sikh, Pathan, Baluchi or Gurwhali saved your sorry gora arses.
    No mention of the Legion Freies Indien?