Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger is a better man than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely we all knew he was a better man than us? He's right up there with Jesus and Geoffrey Boycott in my book.
    You wanted him gone some six years ago because you had become bored with him and Arsenal. Do you suppose people tormented Jebus because they were simply bored with him b?

To be fair...when you got +£100m in the bank you can afford to be dignified, courteous and turn a blind eye to any negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you know that in Basque, 'Unai Emery Etxegoien' means 'The Grass is not always greener - sometimes, in fact, it's mostly dogshít'?

True story.
    Absolute bollox - the Etxegoien part translates almost exactly to "profound aversion to dentistry".

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You wanted him gone some six years ago because you had become bored with him and Arsenal. Do you suppose people tormented Jebus because they were simply bored with him b?

I did. Although I did admit at the time that there was no logical basis for my position whatsoever and that it was simply whim. Little did I know we'd replace him with someone who wasn't even interestingly terrible - just dreary, generic mediocrity.

As for Jesus, that was the Jews you see, h. They didn't do it because they were bored, they did it because they're evil.

It will be fascinating to see where he goes. Does he feel he still has something left to prove, or will he be content to just place-hold somewhere at some middling club.

If he's missing the day-to day involvement with the likes of Wilsh and Jenks and #Welbz and all that sort then I think we can rule out any national team or Director of Neymar at PSG. And "leading clubs in Europe" includes practically anybody and everyone nowadays, doesn't it.

As I say, fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Arsène Wenger is preparing to return to football and is set to take up one of four job offers within a month.

Wenger, 69, has told friends that he is missing the day-to-day involvement of working with players and is itching to return to a job in the game. The Frenchman parted company with Arsenal at the end of last season after 22 years as manager and has not worked since apart from occasionally as a TV pundit.

Wenger is still based in London but will not work for another club in the Premier League, believing that it would be disrespectful to Arsenal after all his years there. He is now considering four concrete job offers, one understood to be as director of football at Paris Saint-Germain, another as the head coach of a national team, and two from leading clubs in Europe."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Chinny reckon.

Still turning down all the biggest jobs in world football is Arsene.
    I reckon that'll have been what the payoff was for.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

No b, it was the Romans who crucified him. The Jews merely betrayed him. Probably defaulted on a loan with ruinous compound interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    No b, it was the Romans who crucified him. The Jews merely betrayed him. Probably defaulted on a loan with ruinous compound interest.
    The Romans were just enforcing Judaic law, h. Can't blame 'em for that.

And to be fair, he was bang to rights.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Does he feel he still has something left to prove?
    Winning a European trophy would be a Thing, perhaps. Especially for someone who couldn't even win a League Cup.

Director of Neymar at PSG.
    vg redg. At least qg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There is no harm in reminding these peasants that they used to have a role model; someone to whose standards they might aspire. They rejected Him and now swear allgiance to Senor Mediocrity.
    Celebrity role models are for losers with rubbish parents, imo.

Oh, I see what you mean. Carry on