Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nantes have begun legal action against Cardiff City demanding first payments for Sala

Nantes have begun legal action against Cardiff City demanding first payments for Sala

Stay classy, football.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Stay classy, football.
    I've been waiting for this and wondering what the scenario would be. One rather hopes Cardiff had insurance

Stay classy, football.
    yes.

I understand the agents have also been pestering both clubs for their fees.

just when you thought football has reached the nadir . . . it starts tunneling down.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Did they find his body?

Last I saw was that they found ‘a body’ in the plane but no further information.

I don’t think the insurance company would payout if they can’t locate Sala’s corpse.

Same thing like Shergar innit...no body found so no insurance payout.

What if he’s done a Harold Bishop and washed up somewhere with no memory like.

Stay classy, football.
    That’s nothing to do with football, it’s simply business and, more importantly, the law. The directors of Nantes have, I assume, the same legal responsibilities as directors of a company in the UK; that is to say, a requirement to act in the best interests of the company. They simply do not have the option of walking away from a £15 million asset.

Why wouldn't they? He was Cardiff's player.

Stay classy, football.
    So? They sold him, they need paying.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    they could, at least, let his body get cold first...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Right. But so long as it's other people's money, no-one cares about that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That’s nothing to do with football, it’s simply business and, more importantly, the law. The directors of Nantes have, I assume, the same legal responsibilities as directors of a company in the UK; that is to say, a requirement to act in the best interests of the company. They simply do not have the option of walking away from a £15 million asset.
    Well, I suppose they could argue that the PR fallout would be worth more than the £15 million.

That is, if they wanted to ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."