Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I dreamed I lived in a stalinist state where keeping chickens had become mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Would you mind if I asked 'why?'
    Because they are rather satisfying to watch, very relaxing.....apart from cleaning the f'ing tank

Easier to just select the Aquarium screensaver
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

In the taxidermy room at the Horniman Museum there’s a bee hive that sits behind glass and has a pipe that goes through the wall to the outside so they can fly in and out.

It’s totally mesmerising to watch them do their bee thang.

I said “Horniman”

And “thang”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've looked into it. Maintaining the correct hive temperature is critical. Also you have to feed the buzzy little fúckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    In the taxidermy room at the Horniman Museum there’s a bee hive that sits behind glass and has a pipe that goes through the wall to the outside so they can fly in and out.

I said “Horniman”

And “thang”
    Did you wish cancer on my nose?

I said “Horniman”

And “thang”
    Are things not supposed to be stuffed in a taxidermy room?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    and I was in the dock charged with "failure to keep chickens". I argued that I would only be in breach if I had attempted to keep chickens but had failed. The judge, Berni I think, called my defence an impudence and jailed me for two years.

Immediately upon my release I was arrested again - for failing to keep chickens for two years

Were these meant to be live chickens? You could have pointed them at your stash in the freezer?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I’ve probably got some going spare if you can stomach living with a. Jew nose.

I know a good rhinoplaster, He might even chuck a circumcision into the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did you wish cancer on my nose?

It’s kind of in a side room

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Are things not supposed to be stuffed in a taxidermy room?

It’s kind of in a side room
    Indeed. I googled the place.

"One of the Horniman’s oddest exhibits, and now part of the World Gallery, is its 100-plus-year-old merman (male mermaid), the so-called Japanese monkey-fish. Such objects were made in Japan to meet western demand created by the popularity of PT Barnum’s hoax, the Feejee Mermaid, but were often sold in the 19th century by con artists hoping to pass them off as real animals. "

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed. I googled the place.

"One of the Horniman’s oddest exhibits, and now part of the World Gallery, is its 100-plus-year-old merman (male mermaid), the so-called Japanese monkey-fish. Such objects were made in Japan to meet western demand created by the popularity of PT Barnum’s hoax, the Feejee Mermaid, but were often sold in the 19th century by con artists hoping to pass them off as real animals. "
    We used to go on school trips there as a kid. It's absolutely marvellous. None of this trying to teach you stuff crap, it's just 'Here's a weird thing. Cool, huh? And here's another weird thing, etc, etc'.
    All museums for kids should be like that imo.