Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I see Liam Neeson has made the mistake of admitting to an entirely comprehensible

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I do fancy a crack at that. Thank you, a. I’m in the US all next week, so it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

I love how unashamedly vicious the Assyrians were. Fine bunch of lads.
    There's lots of smiting, sieging, flaying, head-chopping-and-making-others-wear-the-heads-around-the-neck, and more lion hunts than you can shake a bloody spear at. Any nation 'offending' the king and their gods with disobedience was fair game. Sounds rather familiar to me, but that's Manifest Destiny for you, I suppose. #Monroe

Then there's a library of cuneiform books, sphynxes, winged lions and so on, and the whole thing is beautifully lit.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They loved their coursing too. Be sure to ask them about hounds.
    Yes, the hounds got a go on the lions too. I'm surprised there are any lions left tbh, between them and the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't think so. My boys only really know it from reading Wodehouse. In fairness, they don't seem to actually go to school all that often. Far too busy.
    That's understandable. I didn't much at their age either.

Imagine seeing the ball whipped in from the byline and met with a bullet header and not feeling a visceral thrill, though?

Did Jeff Astle die in vain?
    I love them. The sort where the keeper leaps into the air with arms flailing; no idea where the ball might be. It's all in vain & the ball has hit the back of the net before he leaves the ground.

Lovely stuff.

human emotion over the rape of a girlfriend, admitted his shame now at his feelings then and expected his words to be interpreted in a nuanced, intelligent and adult way.

Foolish.
    Sky's Twitter headline: Sky Data poll: 44% think Liam Neeson was right to admit he wanted to kill black person

Might want to add a little bit of context there