Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I see Liam Neeson has made the mistake of admitting to an entirely comprehensible

I see Liam Neeson has made the mistake of admitting to an entirely comprehensible

human emotion over the rape of a girlfriend, admitted his shame now at his feelings then and expected his words to be interpreted in a nuanced, intelligent and adult way.

Foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    human emotion over the rape of a girlfriend, admitted his shame now at his feelings then and expected his words to be interpreted in a nuanced, intelligent and adult way.

Foolish.
    He’s straight up admitted to a thoughtcrime there b. Off to Room 101 with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He’s straight up admitted to a thoughtcrime there b. Off to Room 101 with him.
    Yes. What he’s done is articulate the fact that people often revert to their least admirable instincts in moments of extreme emotional stress.
    How dare he?

Yes. What he’s done is articulate the fact that people often revert to their least admirable instincts in moments of extreme emotional stress.
    How dare he?
    I saw a brief video from a pair of brothers (in both senses) who considers the matter and decided, “You know what that makes him? Human.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I saw a brief video from a pair of brothers (in both senses) who considers the matter and decided, “You know what that makes him? Human.”
    The strange thing is that in this ghastly society where people are forever being applauded for being emotionally honest (whatever the fùck that means), it would appear that people have forgotten that emotions can be negative and destructive.

No, nobody's forgotten anything. It's just that everyone has now taken sides.

The strange thing is that in this ghastly society where people are forever being applauded for being emotionally honest (whatever the fùck that means), it would appear that people have forgotten that emotions can be negative and destructive.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Why do we have to 'like' everyone.

I hate all sorts of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Why do we have to 'like' everyone.

I hate all sorts of people.
    When did you last tell somebody you hate them to their face?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    When did you last tell somebody you hate them to their face?
    Do family members count?

Do family members count?
    Of course. In fact they ought to count double, like diving headers.

The sheer impotence of that emotional targeting is somehow heroic, epic.