Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CookingWIMB

CookingWIMB

So Mrs Marve has been a long time follower on Facebook of a chap who shares all sorts of cooking recipes and stuff. His name is Nikos something or other and he has apparently got a small cult following on there. Anyway, Mrs Marve fell in love with this halloumi and mint bread thing this chap had posted and proceeded to bake it at the weekend. Seems like there is some kind of Greek/Cypriot influence in this chap and his food, certainly not a recipe I would dream up.

Anyway, the finished result was okay. More edible when warm as with halloumi it goes a bit rubbery when cold. I had a bit and then the rest unfortunately fell in the bin when nobody was looking.

I wait excitedly to see what we will be having next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    So Mrs Marve has been a long time follower on Facebook of a chap who shares all sorts of cooking recipes and stuff. His name is Nikos something or other and he has apparently got a small cult following on there. Anyway, Mrs Marve fell in love with this halloumi and mint bread thing this chap had posted and proceeded to bake it at the weekend. Seems like there is some kind of Greek/Cypriot influence in this chap and his food, certainly not a recipe I would dream up.

Anyway, the finished result was okay. More edible when warm as with halloumi it goes a bit rubbery when cold. I had a bit and then the rest unfortunately fell in the bin when nobody was looking.

Halloumi? In bread? Sounds appalling. Halloumi needs lubrication. I like to slice it, flour it and sauté it, adding lime juice, capers and coriander at the end. Served on mixed leaves this makes a pleasing hors d'oeuvre.

Your mate Nicos sounds a bit wrong.

It was a whole block, grated into the mix. I don't know how these Turkish lot come up with it. Personally I have never done anything more than slice halloumi, browned in a dry pan and eaten immediately, sometime with a drizzle of honey if I am feeling particularly promiscuous.

My man Nikos is unfortunately a bit wrong on occasions, but he does take a lovely picture of a Mandarin Duck.

It was a whole block, grated into the mix. I don't know how these Turkish lot come up with it. Personally I have never done anything more than slice halloumi, browned in a dry pan and eaten immediately, sometime with a drizzle of honey if I am feeling particularly promiscuous.

My man Nikos is unfortunately a bit wrong on occasions, but he does take a lovely picture of a Mandarin Duck.
    Are you saying you know more than Nicos, my friend?

Have you ever asked him for his views on Alexis Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you saying you know more than Nicos, my friend?
    What if he is, my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What if he is, my friend?
    Remember the exciting news about a special offer on water filters?

Amazing seens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Remember the exciting news about a special offer on water filters?

Amazing seens.
    there's an argument to say that Awimb could have been a much better environment had we embraced some of those things. Imagine how harmonious we could all have been, saving money collectively, enjoying recipes and not enjoying people unfortunately falling off cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Have you ever asked him for his views on Alexis Sanchez?
    Do you follow him on Twitter? He still hunts down anti Arsenal people and calls them out. Quite right too.