Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their 3rd goal was *******s and any handball appeals are laughed off

Their 3rd goal was *******s and any handball appeals are laughed off

as it's only Arsenal and it just a matter of time before we lost.

However the other way round and they' have gone mad.

Not that it would have changed anything anyway but still. a 2-1 game is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Not that it would have changed anything anyway but still. a 2-1 game is a different story.
    Same last year with the offside goal - funny that we give them a (very slightly) harder game at the Etihad than at home (or Wembley)
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-04-2019 at 10:46 AM.

It was quite disappointing in the end. Mainly because we actually looked ok at 1-1. Even carried some sort of threat before halftime . Oh well.

High points:
    Not losing by 5 or 6
    Some of Torreria’s tackles
    Scoring from a near post flick on at the corner

Low points:
    Our defending
    Emery’s coat
    That Suarez chap looking decidedly lightweight and timid

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    It was quite disappointing in the end. Mainly because we actually looked ok at 1-1. Even carried some sort of threat before halftime . Oh well.

High points:
    Not losing by 5 or 6

Low points:
    Our defending
    Emery’s coat
    I did think though as we were picking up a bit of momentum they would just go down the other end and score
    We'd be quite good if we could tighten up this defensive area a bit.

High points:
    Not losing by 5 or 6

Low points:
    Our defending
    Emery’s coat
    Guen and LT were both excellent, if only we had an additional midfielder, say a No.10 to provide that extra bit guile......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Guen and LT were both excellent, if only we had an additional midfielder, say a No.10 to provide that extra bit guile......
    This fella?

I did think though as we were picking up a bit of momentum they would just go down the other end and score
    We'd be quite good if we could tighten up this defensive area a bit.
    Starting to play well for a spell may have been a mistake. Like poking a big bear with a little stick.

Starting to play well for a spell may have been a mistake. Like poking a big bear with a little stick.
    Do you think Stan might be persuaded to inject a little bit of cash?

I saw Kronke Jnr saying that the medium term goal was to get Arsenal into a CL final and that he knows what needs to happen to make that a possibility. Clearly the answer to that is money since the footballers in our squad are simply not at that sort of level. The man is clearly not stupid and so I hope he does consider allowing Unai a bit more money to play with.

Xhaka was my MOTM.

Brilliant job to keep the score down and stop then running straight through us.

They had to constantly switch it wide to get any joy.

Hopefully we see Mavropanos and Jenkinson next up instead of Mustafi and Lichtsteiner.

Fair play to Unai...he really tried with Mustafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do you think Stan might be persuaded to inject a little bit of cash?

I saw Kronke Jnr saying that the medium term goal was to get Arsenal into a CL final and that he knows what needs to happen to make that a possibility. Clearly the answer to that is money since the footballers in our squad are simply not at that sort of level. The man is clearly not stupid and so I hope he does consider allowing Unai a bit more money to play with.
    -

Think the odds of us being relegated is a lot less than us making the CL final under their crackpot stewardship.

He probably bought so when the Super League starts he can move us stateside.